Pretending

The cold springs did nothing for Lan Zhan. If anything it just made him more stressed out. Lan Zhan always had his emotions in check, held everyone at arm's length not getting attached. Sure he was a caregiver and caregivers required more energy and emotions than others; he always gave just enough emotions out. He was still cold and expressionless most of the time. Only showed emotions when he had to. So why was Wei Ying different, what did that boy do to Lan Zhan? He came into his life pouting and flipped his world upside down. Lan Zhan couldn't get the little out of his head as much as he wanted to. Was it because of the situation he found him or was it the fact that Wei Ying was in danger that he was so concerned about him? Whatever it was he had to resolve it and the only way to do that was to see him personally. The only problem...Lan Zhan couldn't find Wei Ying anywhere. They had a few days off from classes so he couldn't see him like he always did. Lan Zhan was losing sleep over it and it was showing. From the bags under his eyes to the way his emotions slipped out more. He became even colder to people and angered easily. The only way to tame the anger rising inside Lan Zhan was the little himself. Wei Ying will either be his downfall or his victory and that scared him. Never did he think one person would affect him so much.

Wei Ying what have you done to me...what are you doing to me?

Lan Zhan walks the familiar path he's been walking for the past three days hoping he would find his little...find Wei Ying. He wasn't his little and he shouldn't be treating him like he was...but why did it feel like it was meant to be? It felt like Wei Ying was supposed to be his little, what happened in the library, it felt so right, and how they just fit in with one another...it was meant to be...Wei Ying was supposed to be his. Thinking to himself he lets his feet take him wherever they want to go knowing wherever it was it wouldn't matter. He just wanted to see that Wei Ying was okay after being taken away from him. 

The sound of swords clashing brings Lan Zhan out of his head as he looks at what's going on. He spots two people sword-fighting on the rocks the water rushing past them quickly. Upon further observation, Lan Zhan spots a familiar red ribbon that makes his heart clench.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan whispers a breath he was holding for the past three days finally escaping him.

Who is he sparring though? He watches from where he is standing his eyes trained on Wei Ying. His sword skills never failed to impress Lan Zhan as he was the only one that Lan Zhan thought worthy enough to spar with. Watching his sword clash with another they finally move to a new rock the mysterious person's face finally being exposed. Lan Zhan's lips tighten seeing the all too familiar face of Jiang Cheng. His eyes are narrowed and his eyebrows close together. He seems determined to knock Wei Ying into the water or until he falls from exhaustion. he can see Wei Ying struggling to keep up his energy barely there. The way he is leaning heavily on his back foot in a defensive pose rather than an attacking pose. His arm is shaking a little and the grip on his sword is tight like he's just trying to keep up. He shows no sign of stopping. His sword clashes with his brother once again retreating to another rock. His brother simply advances forward making Wei Ying draw back even more. Soon enough Wei Ying will be at the cliff's edge and fall in if he keeps up with his mindless movement. Knowing he must stop it before it gets too close to that he steps in flying over to Wei Ying placing a hand on his back gently to stop him. 

"Second Master Wangi what can we do for you?" Jiang Cheng says annoyance evident in his voice. 

Lan Zhan can feel Wei Ying tense at his name but as quickly as it's there it's gone. Wei Ying doesn't look up at him if anything just makes himself smaller. He walks over to Jiang Cheng standing behind him with his head down. Lan Zhan's stomach makes an upset noise knotting at what he's seeing here and he doesn't like it. Wei Ying usually leans into his touch and looks forward to seeing him. Now he looks like he wants nothing to do with him and that makes his heart sink. Did he do something in the library that day? Jiang Cheng makes a displeased noise in his throat making Wei Ying hide further behind him making Lan Zhan glare at him.  What hold does Jiang Cheng have on Wei Ying?

"Second master Wangji is there something we can do for you because if not we would really like to get back to sparring," Jiang Cheng says his voice sharp like it was trying to stab Lan Zhan with the tip of his sword.

Lan Zhan glares back at Jiang Cheng saying nothing. He doesn't have anything that needs them even though he wants to take Wei Ying away and let him slip and watch over him. His eyes flicker to Wei Ying who is still hidden behind Jiang Cheng the only thing showing is his black hair that is put up in a ponytail and the Yunmeng crest placed in his hair. He would look better with a Cloud Recesses crest in his hair. The ponytail wasn't even right, it was messy and not right. Lan Zhan could have done it better for sure. He looks back at Jiang Cheng shaking his head before turning away and leaving because he had nothing that could take Wei Ying away from his siblings. Without evidence, he couldn't prove anything. Though leaving the little on the rocks hurt more than getting whipped in the back with the boards. Lan Zhan will save Wei Ying if that's the last thing he does. If that means having the Yunmeng Jiang Sect's blood on his sword so be it. Anything to save his Wei Ying.