Ch-8: Be my date?

Astrella

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

I knocked on Theo and Kaiser's door much earlier than I normally dropped by, Kaiser was probably already at the base now, Theo opened the door. His eyes were puffy and red rimmed.

"Did you cry?" concern fills my voice, "No," Theo lies, voice cracking. And that's all the proof I needed.

I drop my bag on the floor and pull him into a hug that he reciprocates too fast.

"Let's go get boba." I mumble into his shirt.

"I'll go get changed," Theo pulls back quietly.

I stifle a chuckle, he cannot refuse boba for the life of him.

I notice a dark stain on his sleeve, "Were you cooking?" I ask, assuming it was sauce or something.

He looks at the stain, "Yeah, my hands slipped and I got cut, no big deal." he shrugs.

"That's blood?" I exclaim.

"You thought it was sauce didn't you?" Theo lets out a soft chuckle.

I smile, atleast he smiled. "Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't assume the worst." I roll my eyes playfully.

Theo had brightened up relatively after boba. I think he had an obsession, but he denied it, obviously, but Kaiser most definitely snitched on him by showing me his boba cups in the trash.

"Koa was all smiley yesterday." Theo sucks on one of the boba pearls while telling me that, leaning over the circular table of the cafe.

"Oh? I'm glad." I reply, "It's because of you," Theo adds with a teasing edge to his tone.

"Shut up Theodore," I say before he can start his teasing properly.

"Speaking of Kaiser, you're going to the base today?" Theo asks.

"Yep, you want to come along?" I ask, he shakes his head, "I'll wait in your car."

And he did.

I was a bit confused as to why, but I didn't question him as I took Kaiser's lunch to him. It ended up becoming a thing between us. I bought him atleast some meal a day, hoping it didn't taste like absolute shit because I started to learn how to cook only after meeting him.

It was a repeat of exactly what Theo said they had for dinner last night, I cursed myself internally, but how could I have known?

"It's a repeat of what you had last night but, yeah, I didn't know." I tell Kaiser while giving him the food.

"Last night?" Kaiser's brows furrow.

"Theo told me what you two cooked for dinner last night?" I say. Kaiser doesn't reply, waiting for me to explain how I came to know.

"He said he cut himself while chopping carrots, so," I shrug, Kaiser's knuckles turn white over the box I gave him, I furrow my brows.

Did he not like to eat noodles or something?

"If you don't like it I can-"

"No, no it's fine, I like it," Kaiser waves my concern off.

I hoped he wasn't lying, he looked angry, so I decided to drop it before I make it worse.

"I'll see you in the evening," he tells me, "I've to go,"

I nod and he leaves faster than I expect him to.

That was weird.

I end up spending the whole day with Theo in hopes to make him feel better. We laze on the couch watching Netflix while there's empty dishes strewn on the coffee table.