63. Moving on

Shruthi's POV

I woke up feeling surprisingly refreshed after what seemed like ages of restless nights

I woke up feeling surprisingly refreshed after what seemed like ages of restless nights. As I shifted in bed, I realized I was pressed up against Arjun's warm, bare chest. His steady heartbeat was comforting, and I couldn't resist the urge to wake him up.

"Arjun," I whispered, gently shaking him awake.

He stirred, blinking sleepily before his gaze met mine. "Good morning, Angel," he murmured, his voice husky with sleep.

I smiled, feeling a sense of contentment wash over me. "Good morning," I replied, tracing patterns on his chest with my fingertips. "I slept so well."

Arjun's arms tightened around me, pulling me closer. "I'm glad to hear that," he said, pressing a soft kiss to my forehead. "You needed it."

I nestled against him, savoring the warmth of his embrace. "Thank you for being here," I whispered, feeling grateful for his unwavering presence.

"Always," he replied, his voice filled with love and reassurance.

"Can we go out today?" I asked, leaning closer to him.

Arjun's eyes fluttered open in surprise at my request. "You want to go out? Today?" he responded, sounding a bit taken aback.

I felt a pang of guilt as I realized I hadn't considered his work schedule. "You don't?" I quickly replied, feeling a sense of regret creeping in. "Oh shit, you have work, right? Sorry, I didn't think about that."

Before I could finish my apology, Arjun silenced me with a tender kiss, his lips soft against mine. "Angel, you want to go out after so long," he reassured me. "Work is not as important as this. If you want to go, we'll go."

His words melted away my worries, filling me with a sense of joy and gratitude in a long time.

Arjun's fingers gently traced patterns through my hair as he asked, "Where do you want to go?"

Without hesitation, I replied, "I want to go to an orphanage."

Arjun's brows furrowed in confusion, evident even in the soft morning light filtering through the curtains. "An orphanage?" he repeated, curiously.

I nodded, feeling the weight of my decision but also the certainty in my heart. "Yes," I affirmed, turning to meet his gaze. "I want to visit the children there. Spend some time with them."

As Arjun continued to play with my hair, I explained, "Meera's passing made me realize how precious life is, and I want to do something meaningful. Something that makes a difference, even if it's small."

Arjun's expression softened, understanding dawning in his eyes. "That's a beautiful idea, Angel," he murmured, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead. "Let's go do something meaningful."