67. A Shocking News

Shruthi's POV

As soon as Veera opened the door, I couldn't hold back the flood of tears any longer

As soon as Veera opened the door, I couldn't hold back the flood of tears any longer. I practically collapsed into his arms, the weight of everything that had happened crashing down on me all at once.

Veera's strong embrace enveloped me, offering the comfort that I desperately needed in that moment. "Hey, hey, it's okay, Princess," he murmured soothingly, guiding me inside his home.

Once inside, Veera led me to the living room and sat me down gently on the couch. He fetched a box of tissues and handed it to me, his eyes filled with concern. "Take your time, Princess," he said softly. "You can tell me everything when you're ready."

I nodded, grateful for his understanding, and took a few moments to collect myself before speaking. "I... I had to leave," I began, my voice trembling with emotion. "I couldn't stay there anymore, Veera. Not after... everything."

Veera listened attentively, his expression a mix of sympathy and empathy as I recounted the painful events that had unfolded. With each word, the weight on my chest felt a little lighter, as if sharing my burden with Veera helped ease the ache in my heart.

When I finally finished, Veera reached out and squeezed my hand reassuringly. "I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that," he said sincerely. "But you're safe here now, Princess. I'll do whatever I can to help you."

I managed a weak smile, grateful for Veera's unwavering support. "Thank you," I whispered, feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the turmoil. "I don't know what I would do without you, Veera."

Veera returned my smile, his eyes filled with warmth. "You don't have to worry about a thing. Just tell me how I can help," he assured me.

Tears still lingered in my eyes as I turned to Veera, feeling a desperate need to confide in someone, to seek solace in the familiarity of a friend. "I want to go to Bangalore, to see Anandhi," I murmured softly, my voice betraying the turmoil within me. "The last time we talked it wasn't the best but she's my best friend, and I need to talk to her."

Veera's eyes softened with understanding, his comforting presence offering a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos. "Of course, Princess," he responded gently, his tone filled with empathy. "I'll make the arrangements right away. Anandhi will be there for you."

The thought of seeing Anandhi, of pouring out my heart to her, brought a sense of relief amidst the uncertainty. With Veera's support, I knew I could find the strength to face whatever lay ahead. Anandhi had always been my rock, my pillar of support, and I hoped that she could help me make sense of the tangled mess my life had become even after all that had happened. There is no one I could turn to other than these two.

As Veera pulled up to the airport, he handed me the ticket with a reassuring smile. "Here you go, Princess. Your flight is at gate B7. Just follow the signs, and you'll be fine."