64. Lea's Marriage

Arjun's POV

I glanced over at Shruthi, her head resting against my chest as we lay cuddled up in bed, the soft glow of the TV illuminating the room

I glanced over at Shruthi, her head resting against my chest as we lay cuddled up in bed, the soft glow of the TV illuminating the room. "What movie do you want to watch tonight?" I asked, running my fingers through her hair.

She snuggled closer, her fingers tracing lazy patterns on my chest. "Hmm, how about that romantic comedy we talked about last time?" she suggested.

I smiled, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Sounds perfect," I replied, reaching for the remote to start the movie.

As the movie played, we both lost ourselves in the storyline, occasionally sharing a laugh or a smile at the quirky characters on screen.

As we were engrossed in the movie, the peacefulness was abruptly shattered by the shrill ringtone of my phone. I sighed loudly, reluctantly moving myself from Shruthi's arms. "Sorry, Angel, I have to take this," I apologized, leaning over to grab my phone from the nightstand.

"Hello?" I answered as I stepped out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me to not disturb Shruthi.

"Arjun, it's Nirmal. I know it's late, but we have a situation at the office that needs your attention," Nirmal's urgent voice echoed through the phone.

I ran a hand through my hair, my mind already shifting gears to work mode. "What's going on?" I asked, trying to focus on the conversation while still feeling the warmth of Shruthi's presence lingering in the room.

"We have a critical issue with one of our projects. We need your help to resolve it," Nirmal explained, his tone indicating the seriousness of the situation.

"I can't make it to the office right now, but I'll start working from my office. Can you fill me in on the details?"

Nirmal hesitated for a moment before responding, "Alright, Arjun. I'll brief you on the situation. It's a bit complex, but I believe we can handle it with your advice."

"Great, let's get started," I replied, settling into my desk chair and opening my laptop.

Nirmal explained the situation to me. One of our key investors just dropped out of a huge project with no valid reason whatsoever. The registration of the project is in one day, if I don't get him back on board by then, we would face a huge loss.

"Angel, can you come here for a moment?" I called out as I hung up with Nirmal.

Shruthi entered the room, concern flickering in her eyes. "What's up, Arjun? Everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine. Nothing I can't handle. I just need your help finding a file. It's in one of the drawers in the bedroom. Can you grab it for me?" I asked, gesturing towards the door.

"Sure, I'll get it for you right away," she replied, turning to leave.

As she walked out of the room, I couldn't help but feel grateful for her unwavering support.