~*~|| Tandav ||~*~

"Pitamaha! What are you even doing?", Duryodhana yelled at his Supreme Commander while supporting his own bleeding arm with the other

He had suffered a resounding defeat from the Yadava Lord Satyaki, who, for some reason had suddenly geared up into being almost unbeatable today. He had been reigning havoc on the Kaurava armies and Duryodhana had to face him in an attempt to stop the rampage somehow. 

Bheeshma had been incomprehensibly absent from sight since the fight began.

Nothing had been working according to what the Kaurava heir had envisioned for the day. 

The Pandavas had formed a strangely intimidating battle formation, taking two standard structures and seamlessly merging them into a gigantically complex shape. 

"Anagha... only he could have formed such a thing", Dronacharya, suitably awed, had informed them making the Crown Prince of Hastinapur snap back at his teacher with derision in his tone. 

"Don't forget Gurudev, that you are duty bound to kill your dearly beloved Anagha."

Drona had looked at him wearily, electing to let his bitter words roll off him instead of countering as usual. The wizened master of the Kurus had looked exhausted and the battle hadn't even begun then. 

"Don't be a fool Duryodhan! If Arjun has created a formation of this calibre, he must have a strategy at hand. We need to be careful. So for once in your Goddamned life, listen to me when I say anything today", Bheeshma had barked at his errant grandson irritated. 

"But of course, Maham mahim. What is our play then?", Shakuni had asked in his typically oily way which had made the former wrinkle his nose in distaste. 

"Stay behind me."

Gangaputra had replied then, his voice grave and lined with unmistakable tiredness and his cerulean eyes sharpening like a bird of prey had been. 

That had been, almost six hours ago.

It seemed to Duryodhan that both his master and his grandfather had been correct in being cautious about today's plan as the other side who had been consistently taking a bludgeoning from their armies since the start of the war, had suddenly turned the tide towards their favour. 

Yudhishtira and his three brothers were parrying with their typical fervour, along with their allies who were all stationed mostly in the front line. 

Satyaki and Dhrishtadyumna were shooting arrows in a scary symphony, never straying too far from their leader's chariot. 

The warriors of Panchal and Matsya had successfully circled around the Kaurava regiment, having been placed at the second line. 

The elephant corps, which had been stationed in front of the ardha chakra vyuhah had trampled all over their cavalry, once the soldiers encompassing the regiments of the suchi vyuhah in front, had torn through their men like Shiva's trident.