1. Stella

Stella had been mute nearly all her life. An accident when she was young rendered her speechless. So she learned to communicate in other ways. She learned that her wishes were answered even though they weren't spoken aloud and yet she never wished to have her voice back. 

There was safety in the silence. 

Instead she found other ways to communicate, music became her solace. 

At the end of her life, she'd lived a full one. There were very few things she regretted. 

However at times she did wonder how her life might have been different with her voice. 

Standing before a mirror she'd received as an inheritance she looked into the eyes of her reflection. It was an odd mirror for instead of herself she saw what could have been her boy twin. Eyes that seemed to seen so much heartache and she wished for this other self to live a happier life free from her previous strife. 

And the world around her warped and changed and she found herself with a voice. 

But she'd learned how valuable one could be when without and vowed to use her voice wisely.

---

Noah and Claudia were surprised when their child ended up being a girl instead of a boy. They'd wanted it to be a surprise in the end, but Claudia said she had dreams of a boy they'd nickname Stiles. 

Noah was just happy to have a healthy baby. They'd been trying for a couple years before Claudia finally got pregnant. 

Claudia looked at her baby that stared up at her with a starry amber gaze, "I suppose we could call her Stiles sometimes too." 

"Her eyes look like stars, she looks more like a Stella." 

Claudia nearly pouted, "You promised me we could name them after my father." 

"Claudia," Noah sighed, "Mieczyslaw for a girl?" 

"Mieczysława." 

Noah rolled his eyes, "So be it." Silently promising himself he'd call his little one Stella instead.