4. Awake

Stella was concise with her wish, not wanting what happened to her mother happened to her or her descendants.

She gained the spark of the Gajos line but it would be forever changed. No longer would it cause it's matriarch's mind to deteriorate if it wasn't used. 

Powerful sparks had powerful mates. 

Often paired with a were of equal tenacity and strength.  

Stella wondered what that spelled out for her future.  

There were only a couple of wolves that were in Stiles memory that would fit those parameters.

One being Peter Hale himself, so much untapped potential in the last timeline, and the other... Well Stella didn't very much like the idea of being bonded with someone with the nickname Demon Wolf. 

So Stella became convinced Peter was her future. 

Her grandmama warned that the powerful would be drawn to her, regardless. Until she was 18 when whatever mate bond she had would snap into place.

With the Gajos family's help and her newly Sheriff father, Peter was placed under the Gajos family protection. Ensuring that no crazy nurses or hunters would try to sabotage his healing. 

Stella was 16 when Peter finally woke. Despite the pack bonds keeping him alive and same, without an Alpha spark it still took time. 

"It's you." 

Peter woke and found himself not in the hospital as he suspected but a large bedroom in a cozy forest green and soft sheets below him. 

The girl with the amber eyes sat sitting at his bedside waking for him to wake. She was older now. A teenager with long limbs and shoulder length dark brown hair. She was pretty, Peter shook his head not knowing why that was one of the first thoughts in his head. 

"It's me." 

"Journal girl." 

She stood and gave a small bow, "Stella Stilinski, owner of the Stilinski pack bond." 

His pale blue eyes widened, "You are the reason I survived." 

She shook her head, "I'm the reason you are sane and safe." 

She hurried forward as he went to sit up, fluffing the pillows behind him and stacking them just so. 

"The children?" 

"Safe. Last the Gajos family heard they were all in a pack in Canada." 

Peter nodded before sinking into his thoughts. So much lost time but at least he hadn't lost all of his family. He hadn't been nearly as on top of things as he should have. Derek had been broken up over Paige breaking up with him, better that she was still alive, but it left him vulnerable. Peter thought he'd been there enough but between trying to stop Deucalion from being blinded (which he succeeded) and trying to convince his sister to double check their protocols in place; being suspicious of their emissary, things got out of hand quickly. 

He rubbed his face, still his sisters were gone a long with their mates. 

He wondered who the Alpha spark passed to, he hadn't realized he'd asked it aloud until a soft voice answered. 

"If it's the same as last timeline, then it would have been Laura who received it." 

Peter nodded, he was far too injured to have received it. It made sense Talia's oldest would receive it. 

Something cleared in his mind, "You are a spark then?" They were rare, only a few families left, and even then few were as powerful as they once been. She must have been a rare case. 

"Something like that." 

Peter would soon come to realize how much of an understatement that was.