CHAPTER ONE

"Fucking dodge it!!" "Im sorry theres too many" "Watch out!" "Do something!" "we have guns!"
It was too many voices at once for me to pinpoint who said exactly what, I turned to look at the boy with circular glasses behind me and he nodded shakily and passed me his gun and went to take something out of his pocket, he stepped forward and ran towards the crowd of creatures infront of us.

(3 weeks ago)

"Juno darling you're going to be late" my mother called from down the stairs, I groaned, grabbed my jacket and rushed down the stairs. "The bus just pulled up doll you can still make it" she smiled and pointed outside the window, I waved goodbye without saying a word and left.

I managed to get to the bus in time and found a seat towards the back plugging my earphones to block out any loud stupid chatter from other people, I closed my eyes and sat with my knees to my chest.

"hey!! hey hey hey hey, is she deaf or something? what do you think Cam?" said a loud annoying voice, I sighed and turned to face him he and another taller boy were sat on the seats behind me. "What" I said sounding slightly more frustrated than I intended.. my parents always tell me to try make more friends, but I don't have time for that really. "We are new" the irritating guy said pointing to himself with his thumb then the boy next to him with his pointer finger; the taller boy looked away when he was mentioned, odd. "And I care why?" I asked pinching the space between my eyebrows, I do not do socialising. "I like this one Cam don't you? ah still not speaking ay? Thats Cameron and i'm Aris, he's my friend and he doesn't talk much but he does sometimes but neither do you much either hm?" he talked endlessly like he would run out of oxygen if he didn't fill the world with nonsense talk. "Yeah erm I don't tend to talk to people" I replied whilst trying not to slam a fist to his face. "Good thing I can talk for both of us! or all three of us" he said putting a hand on his friends shoulder.

Once I managed to dodge the noisy boy when he was getting his classes sorted I headed to our tutors room, I was looking down so I didn't notice where I was going, then I bumped into a small boy, I didn't think he was in our class till he asked "This is 38c...right?" he pushed up his circular glasses as i must've knocked them, I nodded then slid past him into the class.

I scanned the room with no sign of the annoying boy from earlier, good start hm. I always hated the start of new years, new teachers, new seating and new people.. my favourite. I went to go take a seat when I realised they were arranged seating plans, mine was next to the window three rows back next to me was a boy named Kody Harris.. atleast its not that Aris boy. I took my seat ready to plug back in my earphones when the teacher still hadn't arrived, odd? late to your own class? I hesitated then looked around most people were here already? I looked next to me to see the boy with glasses again he had hair which covered most part of his eyes, That boy was Kody.

He turned to me with the same confused look on his face "You dont reckon he wont show?" he muttered half not expecting to be heard, I shrugged and he continued "I heard he's helping new students" my heart dropped at those words then I turned behind me to the empty space 'Aris Carter' shit, i'm gonna be stuck behind that loudmouth for this entire year, and speaking of the devil he and his friend walk into the classroom and walk to the back of the class noticing there was only two vacant seats, not long after what seemed to be the new teacher walked in.

"Sorry for my tardiness class..do not expect this from me in the future as I do not expect this from you! I was simply helping our newest students find their way to our classroom for this year, now could everyone stand up and introduce themselves? first name last name and something about you? starting with you" he went on and on then pointed to me "stand up and introduce yourself to the class we will follow on your lead"

I stood up took and breath and said "Erm Im Juniper Quinn and I like boxing I guess?" next the boy who's name I found out was Kody stood up shakily "I uhm my name is uhm Reading and I like Ko- wait no uh My name is Kody Harris and I like reading" he said with a whole bunch of stutters changing his light brown skin into a deep red shade sending the class into a fit of laughter, childish. The rest of the class followed with the introduction (I will only put the important ones!)

"I am Aris Carter and I like piercings like I have a few if you couldn't see"
"Cameron.. Whitlock"
"I'm Jasmine Walker, I like doing makeup looks and going shopping"
"Isaac Walker, Jas is my sister and I like basketball ?"
"I'm Taliyah Adams I like music thats all"

Many other pointless introductions were said which I didn't listen to, I was almost put to sleep of boredom till a door slamming open startled me and made mostly everyone jump in their seats, I looked up to see a girl with dyed hair black and white stripes like a skunk storm into class "This isn't even fair I wasn't going to come in today because school is useless when i'm going to fail anyway!" she complained..loudly throwing her seat back dramatically and sitting on it. The teacher glanced at a sheet of paper then looked up "You must be Harriet, now Harriet could you introduce yourself?" He smiled at her oddly sweet for someone who just stormed into his class 20 minutes late. "I assume I don't have a choice so I guess" she stood up "Uh i'm Harriet Jones and I really couldn't give a shit about you weirdos" she sat back down and crossed her arms. "Now Harriet there was no need for the harsh language was there?" the teacher was so brave for dealing with this nicely, I know I would've done differently. The girl rolled her eyes and let him teach class.

"Im Mr Simson and I wanted to start off this lovely new year with a project!" everyone let out a loud groan of disapproval. "I know I know boring right but what if I said we get to go on a trip for a few days for this project?" this ended up leading into loud chatter which annoyed me. "The trip is optional but the project is not and I will be putting you into groups.. sorry! sorry! But I want you all to make some new friends so I will start reading the groups."

I got stuck with Kody, Taliyah, Jasmine, Isaac, Cameron, Harriet and... Aris.
"No. Nope i'm not working with these complete losers like putting me with four eyes and carrot top is bad enough but a group of full weirdos?" The nasty girl Harriet continued to complain trying to change groups with the teacher I turned to look at the group and saw the orange haired girl, Taliyah tear up and I looked at Kody and he left me a worried look then I turned to Harriet. "Shut the fuck up would ya?" I said shocking the others as I hadn't said a single word to them. "And now your talking to me? Miss 'i have no friends and i like boxing' you're the weirdest one of them all!!" she got up in my face and then Aris stood up "I suggest you back away from her" he said still with a smile on his face, me and Harriet turned to look at him, his tone was angry but his face wasn't. "hahh and if I don't?" she decided to push her luck, Aris clenched his fist but his friend Cameron grabbed his arm and pulled him down and glared coldly at Harriet, she huffed and sat down with us.