Chapter 3: midnight

Bloo shot up in bed after hearing the wail
"Kyle? KYLE"
"Hmmm?" Kyle murmured sleepily
"I heard a scream"
"Probably the wind"
"I know what I heard" Kyle shushed him and bloo lay back down on the taller man's chest, still silently counting out the storm. He was on 3 when it screamed again
"I was wrong, not the wind"
"Told you"
"Shushhhh, it could hear us"
"Wh-" Kyle placed a hand on bloos mouth and mouthed the word "wendigo". Bloos eyes widened as he scrambled off Kyle. Grabbing a torch from the floor and peeking out the tent. Kyle went to grab Bloo but he shook Kyle off. Standing outside the tent he was met with nothing but rain and thunder, he tensed up every time he heard thunder roll past. Another screech made Bloo tear up, he shone the torch around the camp, along the tree-line and into the branches of the mighty spruces. A flash of lightning revealed a large deer skull looking into bloos soul. He was being stalked.

He went to scream for Kyle, for anyone, but no sound was made as he stared up at where the deer skull was. All he saw were trees again. He scurried into the tent, tears streaming down his face.
"I- I saw it Kyle"
"Oh."
"What do you mean 'oh' we need to get out of here"
"We can't, it's too late"
"What?"
"It's found us Bloo. We can't do anything" Kyle started to cry too.
"You didn't see it Kyle, you have a change. I don't." Bloo said, sobbing
"I'm not leaving you Bloo"
"Why? You have a whole life to live!"
"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!"
"Y-you do?"
"Yes I do. I'm not leaving you" Kyle kissed Bloo and Bloo kissed back, after Bloo pulled away he left the tent again, stepping into the rain.