Chapter 4 - Deacon

Lena stares at me like a deer caught in headlights. Her golden brown eyes that usually shine with her confidence are currently wide and panicked.

Sterling does seems to have that effect on people, but how the fuck does she know him well enough to be on a first name basis. Even his inner circle calls him Sterling.

She takes the joint from my outstretched hand, her face becoming an emotionless mask, "I dunno, that's just how he introduced himself."

Huh.

"Weird," I say, watching her face for any reaction. "I haven't heard of him making an appearance at any of his establishments recently." It's true. He seems to be laying low. Making less and less public appearances. He's always been a private person, it's why we still haven't been able to locate his major compounds or most of his safe houses. The man is old school and doesn't trust technology. It's worked out well so far for him; it'd be too easy to hack his shit but he keeps it all paper based and the files seem to move around constantly.

"It was a while ago," Lena says flatly, though her voice goes up an octave or two at the end.

"Well, what do you know about him?" I ask, because she definitely knows him. No one mentions Sterling that casually. And as soon as I mentioned betraying Donnie she automatically connected that back to him. She's somehow involved and I want to find out where she stands before deciding anything. "And why were you so quick to assume I was making a move against him? What do you think I could do against an operation like Sterling's?"

She's silent for a moment and then, "I don't know anything," she blurts out. "You said the city is going to get messy, and everyone knows that Fr-" she cuts herself off, "...that Sterling owns the city. So I just assumed..." she trails off and I just stare at her. She almost called him Frank again but corrected herself. Like now she's trying to hide that she knows him.

I search her eyes, hoping she'll give me something more to go on, but she just stares back, her pupils dilated with fear and I don't know if it's fear of me or fear of something else... or someone else.

I take one last long inhale of the joint and press it into the headboard, leaving behind a burnt spot in the chipped wood. "I shouldn't have said what I said. You're not supposed to know about any of this."

I really never should have opened my mouth. I am technically in enemy territory. Most of the people here are probably Sterling's. Lena herself is probably one of his, but I don't think so. I just have a gut feeling that something else is going on here.

"You just have a way of getting me to let my guard down," I say, reaching forward to brush the hair hanging in front of her face away. She looks up at me with those beautiful doe eyes and I have to stop myself from kissing her. "I have a soft spot for you, Lena."

She actually blushes, looking away shyly, "you just like the way I suck your cock."

I can't help the laughter that follows her words. She smiles brightly at me, and I think my heart skids to a halt from the sight of it. My lips ache to feel her and I brush them along her jawline, enjoying the way she shivers from my touch.

I let out a sigh when I glance at the clock on the wall, "looks like our time is up."

"Donnie's gonna make you pay for the extra three minutes, you know?" She says with a giggle that makes my cock twitch.

"I know," I say, not giving a shit about the money it costs to see her. I lean in, intending to only kiss her on the cheek but deciding at the last second to take her lips once more. I've fucked her for hours but all I want is more time with her.

Finally, I pull away, "worth it," I say, giving her one last smile. I leave before I lose my self control and spend another three hours making her scream my name.