18. Sleep peacefully

".... Right she's gone..." Mason said after closing the door letting Conrad take Khadija back to her mother's.

"You didn't have to send her off on my account!." Talia said.

"with how disrespectful she was being?.. there is no way I'm gonna let her stay here and talk to you like that... i'm sorry that it didn't go according to plan, I was really hoping that she was going to accept it.."

" Take it from someone who knows, when you're a child and one of the parents leaves the family home it is so hard to accept

" Take it from someone who knows, when you're a child and one of the parents leaves the family home it is so hard to accept. She is going to be full of hate and wonder and hurt. She wants you and her mother to be together and that is how every child would love things to pan out... But we all know this day and age marriage doesn't mean marriage anymore which is why I'll never be getting married.."

Mason looked at her and raised his eyebrows. "Not even even to me?"

"not even to you... I think the minute you have that piece of paper and it is just a piece of paper, it changes the dynamics. I  think it's best to just stay in love... I think think love gets lost when you're married things become boring and repetitive... It's best to keep that light alive as much as possible.." she said to him.

"I hear that... but when I'm with you, I wanna be with you forever...

"And I guarantee that you said the self same thing to Samia before you married her.." she raised her eyebrows. "Am I right?.."

" OK, yes I did say that in the very beginning... But I also had my suspicions that things were never gonna work out between us. We were completely different people in the beginning it was lust and not love. I got pregnant and her father wanted us married he also wanted my name for his business so, it was never about how we really felt about each other..."

"are you going to go ahead with the divorce?"

"yes, it's in the process of being sorted out now... and I made sure she sighed a pre-nup...

"See, this is my point... If you're in love with someone and you know that person is gonna be yours for the rest of your life why do you need to sign a prenup? It already states that when you break up everything will be dealt with amicably ... That is not love... breaking up shouldn't be on your mind if you're falling in love.."

"Get over here... with your swole' face..." he said and pulled her to him, into his lap on the sofa.

———-

".... Do you think it's gonna be happening right about now?" Zain said as he looked at his watch.

"yeah, it takes a couple of hours to induce labour... she will have a miscarriage, these things happen all the time right?." His homie said. "And the drug that you gave her, I stole from my dad's medical kit at his clinic... so it isn't gonna hurt her, it's just gonna make her lose the baby, which was what you wanted right?.... otherwise, this bitch was never gonna get off yo back..."