05. With Passion And Imagination.

Ever had that kind of feeling where you thought of an absolutely brilliant story, you get hyped up about it, you start writing a screenplay for it and then you come across a film which has a similar concept and you are like, 'Oh! A movie on this is already made. What's the point of rewriting it!?' All the charms and sparkles which made your idea unique suddenly vanishes.

It helped me when I was writing for my first ever screenplay, 'Jhumka', one year 4 months back. I found an exact copy of my short film on youtube with very famous actors playing the role. I was so devastated that I stayed up 1 night in stress and the other night, I sat and re-wrote the entire film, which we later shot. I am quite proud of myself, as it's not easy to come up with a 30-40 minutes screenplay of a film, but somewhere lies the regret too.

You see, it was way later when I was going through a hard time during one month of Diwali Vacation in October and November, I re-read that script again and realised that yes, the concept was similar but there was a very big unique twist which makes my story way different than that short film. Apart from that short film factor, many people said bad things about my screenplay as well which is also one of the reasons why I changed my decision. I regret that the most! I shouldn't have listened to others who hadn't felt and seen the film as I did.

To write a screenplay, you need to not just feel, sense and breath in the story, but also visualise. No words are gonna help you, just visuals. You are creating an entire world of your story in your mind with pictures. It gets exhausting. You start feeling lazy. You procrastinate a lot.

There were so many writers in the beginning of my bachelor's degree in my class but now, when we are going into our final years, there are few left with the same passion as earlier.

But no matter how exhausted I am, I know this one thing for sure. I made this choice, so I had to adhere to it. I am not the one who easily caves in. So, life has to try more tactics to drain me out from this path because I have so many stories to share with the world. So many magical, terrifying, happy, emotional, sad and the list of stories goes on and on. This is what dreams are made of, with passion and imagination.