Prologue

2 months earlier

2 months earlier...

For the past few hours, I've been scanning the books placed on the shelfs of the library.

It is now 5:30 pm and the store about to close. 

The sky, who used to be clear, is dark from the rainclouds. Not wanting the downpour outside to ruin the new book I just bought with my birthday gift. I decide to call the only person that cares about me.

"Hey Lynn" utters the sweet and warm voice on the line.

"Hey Lily!!! Could you do me a teeny-tiny favor?" I ask my big sister.

"What now"

"Can you come pick me up from the book store? It's raining cats and dogs out there and I don't want to ruin the book i got with your money." I remark. I know she would never let me to walk back to the house alone. She's not like mom and dad.

" Okay, Lynn. I'm on my way." She huffs out. " So, which one did you get? The romance one or the sad one?

" Oh! Actually, it's both it's called If he had been with me

" Nice. Well I'm like 1 minute away so...." she trails off. Then, all I hear is tires screeching, crashing sound and Lily's pained screaming.

When the call disconnects, I start running down the street to the tragic scene. I call 911 at lightning speed. " MY SISTER JUST CRASHED IN FRONT OF THE TOWN'S BOOK STORE" I scream at my beat-up phone before throwing it to the side and hurriedly getting to the destroyed burning car. 

I try, try, and try to get the fucking door open. But it won't budge and it burns.

I swing my fist as hard as I can at the window as tears flood my eyes till everything becomes all blurry. 

It's only when I get pulled away from the wreck by an officer that I ear the sirens. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------