Chapter Fifteen

"For fuck sake Alpha Zeph! I just repaired that door!" roared Eladan as he watched in dismay as the heavy wooden door flew off its hinges

"For fuck sake Alpha Zeph! I just repaired that door!" roared Eladan as he watched in dismay as the heavy wooden door flew off its hinges. Once again.

Undeterred, Zeph, still in his human form, surged forward and tackled his opponent, Kallus, who was still sitting, to the floor. The impact shook the lodge to its core, sending splinters flying and causing the walls to creak in protest.

As the two lycans shifted, their bodies contorting into their wolf forms, a cacophony of snarls and growls filled the air. They fought relentlessly, their claws and fangs tearing into each other's flesh.

I exhaled heavily, stood up from my chair, and cautiously stepped away from the fray, positioning myself closer to the open entrance.

Meanwhile, Eladan bellowed at them to take their fight outside of his sanctuary. "If you cause any more damage, you'll be paying for it!" He warned with a menacing tone.

I couldn't help but laugh, noticing that his words fell on deaf ears as Kallus and Zeph continued their brawl, oblivious to the damage they were causing.

Eladan glared at me with fiery eyes, his expression twisted with anger. "Are you just going to stand there and watch them destroy everything?" He demanded.

Raising an eyebrow, I shot him a disbelieving look. "How do you expect me—a mere human—to intervene in this chaos?" I retorted with a touch of amusement in my voice.

Zeph may have been my mate, but I knew not to step between two fighting wolves unless I wanted to die. I was worried about them, but after yesterday's fight; I already sensed that they did this a lot.

Eladan's lips pressed into a firm line as he observed the lycans unleash their primal fury upon each other. The once serene lodge had now transformed into a battleground of savage instincts.

As though the ancient deities found amusement in Eladan's misfortune, Zeph delivered a powerful kick with his hind legs that catapulted Kallus through the air. The force of the impact caused Kallus to collide with a sturdy supporting beam, shattering it like brittle wood. With a resounding crack, the once-sturdy log split in two, triggering a chain reaction throughout the lodge. Groans echoed as the entire structure complained under the sudden strain. Upstairs, the floor tilted ominously, causing distressing sounds as the logs protested and fractured under the unexpected stress.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Eladan's voice dripped with fury, his anger palpable in the air as he roared.

The wooden planks creaked and moaned in protest before finally giving way, signaling the urgent need to flee the crumbling lodge.

My gaze darted towards Zeph, annoyance flickering as he remained oblivious to the imminent danger. Without hesitation, I pivoted on my heel, poised to make a swift exit when powerful arms hoisted me up—one arm supporting under my knees and the other around my waist—and carried me outside in a determined rush.