017. ivy

✧

✧.* ❛ my heart can't take this damage ❜ ✧.*

malachi pov :

malachi pov :

I wasn't sure how everything could get ruined this quickly.

Elijah had warned me, saying I needed to talk to mary but I had thought elijah was being dramatic and hadn't realised that I would actually lose her.

After our near kiss at her house the only thought that consumed my mind practically every second was mary.

I was scared about the fact that I could have feelings for her and pulled away, I had realised it was stupid but I couldn't stop myself as I had needed to sort out my emotions and the way I felt about her. I laid awake replaying moments between us and had come to the conclusion that I have had these feelings for years but never had registered them before.

I was lying against a tree, my earbuds playing music quietly in my ear as I had my eyes closed enjoying the warm summer day.

I heard movement and opened my eyes and noticed mariah running up to me with the hugest grin on her face. I felt myself smile at the sight of her.

She was wearing a flowery summer dress and a bow in her hair, I noticed the slight pink on her cheeks and the dimple. I saw the freckles now showing over her face as summer had begun.

She finally reached me and sat beside me huffing "i was looking everyone for you, you know"

"i'm sorry i wanted to be by myself for a bit" I explained making sure to pause my music. Her eyebrows creased in worry "shit, should i go?" she asked as she started getting up.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her gently back down, she looked over at me confused "i..you can stay" I said and she nodded as she got comfortable beside me.

"you were listening to music?" she asked noticing the earbuds in my ears, i nodded passing one to her "wanna listen to something together?" i asked.

I knew I had said the right thing as I was rewarded with one of her beautiful smiles, the excitement clear in her eyes. "omg there's this artist, frank ocean, i've been listening to so many of his songs at the moment. can i put on one of his songs?" she asked hesitant.

I couldn't resist the smile on my face knowing I could never say no to the girl sitting next to me. "yeah of course" I handed my phone to her and she eagerly took it.

'I thought that I was dreamin' when you said you loved me' played into my ear, the voice was angelic and I closed my eyes once again.

I felt a sudden weight on my shoulder as I looked and noticed mariah's head resting against it, her eyes were closed and a small smile of content was on her face. I felt a similar smile form on my own face as I closed my eyes once again and relaxed with the feeling of her beside me.

It confuses me why it had to taken so long for me to realise the feelings I had always had for the girl though it seemed to be too late now.

I sighed looking at isabelle's most recent instagram post for the millionth time. Ivy began to play on the speaker and I felt my lips tug down in a frown thinking about the first time I'd heard the song.

I kept staring at the photos, it was horrible how obsessed I was, I had to keep looking and each time I hoped that I was just seeing things that this wasn't actually happening. But it was. This dork named jordan was kissing mary, my mary.

Who did he think he was? What hurt most was the happiness I could clearly see on her face in all the photos and the way all my friends seemed to be on board and happy with the situation. Elijah had warned me but I hadn't acted quick enough.

It constantly ran through my thoughts, the constant debate of telling her I feel and just as I had decided that I needed to, she was slipped out my fingers.

My confidence had finally shown and I was preparing mentally how to tell her but it was interrupted when she brought up the name jordan and how sweet he was.

The pain I felt was horrendous and before I knew it she was getting further and further away as she spent more and more time with him, suddenly all my friends were hanging out with and I couldn't stop it.

They invited me to come too but I couldn't bring myself to go and see him flirt with her and her smile one of her beautiful smiles to someone who wasn't me. I couldn't bare to see it so i declined every time to the point where they barely invited me. She stopped texting me as well and my heart ached for it all to go back to how it was only just a couple weeks ago.

.・。.・゜✭・.

first person chapter 😱😱

i have a book in my drafts where it's first person and i've been enjoying writing like that so i thought to bring it for this book (probs only just now)

hope youre enjoying, don't forgot to comment and vote!