021. he knew her

✧

✧.* ❛ think i like you best when you're just with me and no one else ❜ ✧.*

⋆˚ real life

⋆˚ real life

She got into the car and looked over at mal who just stared ahead at the road so she sighed and put on her seatbelt.

"where are we going?" she decided to ask, he grinned "it's a surprise"

She groaned "oh cmon you know i hate surprises" he just looked over at her with a smile "you'll live"

He passed her the aux which she took gratefully and she turned on a song as she stared out the window watching the way all the trees and buildings blurred by.

The car ride was silent though it was a better silence than the one earlier at the party, they both were lost in their thoughts about each other.

She couldn't believe she'd agreed to go with him, but she's not strong enough to not want to spend time with malachi especially when's she still slightly intoxicated and not thinking straight.

Suddenly the car stopped and she realised they had arrived but it was too dark to see where they were.

With a sigh she unbuckled her seatbelt and was about to open the car door when suddenly it was opened for her with mal grinning as he held it open.

She giggled the alcohol consumed her and she knew she'd do a lot she regrets right now if she isn't
careful. "thank you kind sir" she said putting on a posh accent.

He bowed slightly "of course majesty". She grinned at him and he smiled. They both stared at the other trying to soak the feeling they felt right now knowing that it will probably go back to before by tomorrow.

He cleared his throat, which snapped her out of the daydream his eyes had trapped her in. She gasped when she noticed what was behind him.

"oh my god, i can't believe this" she exclaimed feeling so much deja vu as she started to run into the park.

She looked round having not been here for nearly two years and enjoyed the familiar feeling it gave her. Her and malachi had spent so much time in this park that it was practically their park and she felt so joyed to see it again.

He felt himself smile at the way mary's face lit up as she walked around the park examining everything. The night sky seemed to be shining down on specifically her as her eyes lit up like a beautiful constellation and he could barely pull himself away from staring but was forced to when she started tugging on his hand.

"i can't believe it looks exactly the same, i honestly nearly forget about it" she continued sounding like a child who'd just received a gift on christmas.

Her eyes seemed to soften as she looked up at him, when she spoke her words were filled with complete sincerity "you know me so well, thanks for taking me here, it's exactly what i needed"

This moment felt so raw and deep and they both knew if they kept at this rate they would spill everything single thing that been on their minds the last couple of days. So they looked away and instead busied their minds with other thoughts.

They weren't sure how long they'd been at the park but probably for a while. They were sitting on their old bench as they stared at the stars dotted around the sky. "i've always loved the night, it makes me feel so safe" she whispered afraid to break the silence.

He knew that, he knew practically everything there was to know about mariah. His whole life he's listened intently to every word she's spoken even when rambling and stored it all.

He knew that her favourite fruit was strawberries but she hated practically anything that was strawberry flavoured, that growing up she would always tell the other girls her favourite colour was pink when it reality it had been yellow, that she could never stick to a favourite food and you could give her anything and she would smile gratefully enjoying it, he knew that she loved her sister dearly more than anyone else and he also knew that her favourite artist was frank ocean and that she loved her parents no matter what they did.

He knew her inside and out but instead of replying that he knew he instead smirked looking at the girl next to him as he jabbed her in the side "ironic considering you're literally a girl and feel safest at night"

She gasped in shock and hit him lightly "you did not just say that" They both laughed as they found comfort being around the other where no other stress from the real world could bother them.

Mal felt himself instinctively freeze as mariah's hand twirled a piece of his hair, he looked at her and tried to ignore the butterflies in his stomach and the way his heart was hammering.

"i've always loved you hair, it's just so pretty" she whispered with a smile focusing on his hair as she continued to twist them around.

He felt his face heat up and knew he shouldn't have picked her up, it was so hard to not just kiss her right now but he knew she was with jordan (atleast he assumed so).

"really? you think my hair is pretty" he teased after getting over the initial shock. She rolled her eyes fondly as she finally looked over at his face, she felt her cheeks warm as she noticed the close distance they found themselves in.

He knew he needed to change the subject before he wouldn't be able to resist himself which was getting harder by the minute especially when she was staring at him with her beautiful doe eyes.

He blurted out the first thing in his mind "what happened with your parents, is everything okay?"

A look of disappointment seemed to flash her face but only for a moment before she sighed and turned so she was looking back at the stars once more.

She told him everything. It was always easy with malachi as somehow whenever she was around him she always wanted to spill every thought and secret she's ever held. So she told him and he listened intently nodding and adding his own opinion so she knew that he was there and that he was listening.

The conversation drifted off after a while anything and everything being said as they soaked in this brief bliss from reality they gave each other.

Moments like this it felt like it was just them two in the whole world. No one else mattered as they talked and all other thoughts and previous days were vanished and instead it was just the two of them and they wouldn't have it any other way.

Though they both knew this was only temporary as when tomorrow comes round they'll be right back to how they've been for the last weeks. So they enjoyed this moment together appreciating it while it was here.

.・。.・゜✭・.

my cuties, they have my heart
btw this book probably doesn't have many chapters left as i never planned for this too be a long book