Rectenis Focuendio

Melaine's POV

I felt a sudden rush once I had grabbed his hand and then we were suddenly floating on top of The Erechtheum. I turned to face Dardanos who was looking over the city with a calm expression.

"Sorry for that I needed us to talk privately." He said. "The devil's trap was a good precaution. I'm just a very powerful and very old demon."

"Why are we here?"

"I thought you'd enjoy the view filia." He smiled. "The humans below us can't see us. You probably figured that out seeing how they aren't screaming."

"What did you want to talk about that didn't require an audience?" I asked ignoring what he said and getting straight to the point.

"You're just like her." He smiled sadly. "I suppose that is expected. Well the reversal is very easy and not complicated. It involves breaking the metaphorical and somewhat physical chains around the victim. Then you'll need to perform a cleansing spell."

"That's it?"

"You'll also need to unknot the Saguinum knot. This will be harder as I'm sure Hector keeps it in a secure place. I'm sure your boys can get you to it unharmed."

"Why do I need to unknot it?"

"It releases Hectors hold on me and the demons he's bound and kept off the island."

"If I free Marina why would I need to do that?"

"You wouldn't. You have no reason to. I just hope you do." He turned to face me and put his hand on my forehead.

A series of numbers and symbols flashed in my head making me close my eyes. After what felt like forever. He let go and placed something in my hand.

"Take care of yourself filia and tell Lucian I'll visit soon." He whispered softly.

I opened my eyes and found myself standing on the beach back at the island. I spotted Xander and Kenji running towards me. Xander got to me first and pulled me to him.

"How did you guys....."

He kissed me shutting me up. I pulled him closer sinking into him. He bit my lip earning a gasp and took that as an opening to deepen the kiss. I felt like I was floating. This wasn't like last time in his room or when I found out we were mates. This was more desperate. I could feel his heart beating wildly. Could feel some of his fear, his relief and another emotion so strong it washed over me and I drowned in it.

Pulling away for air he kept his forehead on mine and squeezed me tighter.

"Told you he wouldn't hurt her." Kenji scoffed from behind Xander.

"How did you get here so fast?" I asked them chuckling.

"Dardanos flashed us here right after he snatched you." Xander said not meeting my eyes.

"He didn't snatch her. And did he tell you the spell?"

"More like showed me. It's engraved in my brain." I looked down remembering he had handed me something and frowned at the thick black leather covered book in my hand.

"What is that?" Xander asked following my gaze.

"I don't know."

I opened it and noticed the first page had been ripped out. On the inside of the cover in black ink was the name cancelled out and another one below it. I knew that name. I saw it in the letter my dad had attached to his journal.

Behati Enkutatash Tiku

Behati Sideris

"This was my mothers." I whispered flipping through the pages. "This was her book of shadows."

"I guess it's yours now."

"How did Dardanos have this?" I asked confused. "If it wasn't on her the night she died it should be with her Coven."

"That's not important. It's with you now. What do we need for the spell?" Kenji asked.

"Not much. We can do it tonight if you get the candles we need in time and set up the dressing room. I'll figure out a way to keep everyone distracted and how to cloak Xander so that he joins us tonight." I explained.

"What candles do you need this time?" Ken asked. "Different from the ones I got before?"

"Yes. I'll need five. A Lady of Perpetual help candle, Dama du Milagrosa candle, Holy Spirit candle, Blue Knot candle, Multicolour Lover's candle. Once we're done we'll have to raid the castle and unknot the Saguinum knot Hector keeps on him."

"What does the knot do?" Xander asked. I debated whether to tell him the truth or not.

"It'll completely break his hold on Zale and Marina." I said. What would his reaction be if I told him the truth?

...........................

Levitate – Exterminori Tyractus / Shriori Noctinius

Destroys – Evies Elemenitus

Teleport – Imperindo Ligheom

Drains life – Petasis Ratactum

Demon Weapon – Pestiuno Canicus / Evicior Demoneos

Concealment – Rectenis Focuendio

"This is it." I said facing Xander. There were a thousand spells in this book I was dying to try. But for now I hoped the concealment spell worked.

"What exactly is your plan?" Zale asked watching Kenji as he stuffed the candles into a bag.

"We corner Marina and you in the dressing room and unbind the spell it'll give you guys enough freedom to help us break in and over power the men at the castle."

"She has ten highly trained hunters guarding her and Hector made it that she overpowers whoever comes after her in their care with her song. Not to mention the others that are around and in the club alone."

"The song won't affect us." Xander said raising the hand where the bracelet sat.

"And I'll handle the guards." Kenji smirked.

"Does Hector have an old rope he keeps guarded?" I asked Zale.

"He keeps it on display. Why?" He scoffed.

"It's the final piece to your complete freedom." I smiled.

"We should leave now so that I can have time to discreetly set up the candles in the dressing room."

"You're right." I turned to Xander and placed my hand on his shoulder. "Rectenis Focuendio."

He slowly vanished in front of me but I could still feel his shoulder under my hand. I smiled then let go turning to the others. I opened my mouth to speak but paused when I felt Xander's fingers running down my arm causing Goosebumps.

"Behave." I said through clenched teeth.

"Make me." He chuckled stepping away now untraceable.

"You won't be invisible forever. Come on lets go."