Traitor

Unknown

I stepped into the room and tried not to gag at the smell of blood. Bodies littered the floor. I carefully stepped over the corpse of a little girl and faced the demon wolf. My father.

Alistair wasn't supposed to be alive. He was a freak of nature. He was more wolf than man. More devil than anything else. His long black hair fell just past his shoulders. He looked up as I got closer, silver eyes glaring at me.

"I told you not to come here unless you had the girl boy." He grumbled.

"After last time she won't leave the camp."

"I don't care if you have to bring her here dragging her by the hair I want her here."

"Not everything requires force or violence." I sighed gesturing around me.

"Forgive me if my pack of rogues knows nothing else but death." He said sarcastically. "Unlike you not all of us went to college or had a proper upbringing."

"You had a proper upbringing and went to college and look what happened to you." I mumbled.

"What's your plan to get the girl? I need that phoenix so I can drain her of her humanity and build her into a weapon."

That was a trick of his people feared. No one knows where he learnt it from. His most powerful weapon was draining away someone's humanity. Your morality, emotions, creativity all of it gone. All that was left was the basic animal instinct to kill and not be killed.

He turned millions of shifters and vampires into his own killing machines. He brainwashed them with his agenda. And with no consciousness they didn't question him. It was going to bite him in the butt sooner or later. His soldiers had no loyalty. No army should be made of disloyal and worse unstable soldiers.

The one witch he had gotten his hands on had failed to bring down the barrier. She was more of an elemental than anything. The camp had all witch types which made one witch trying to break down their defense system impossible.

"We need to find a way to trick her out of that camp. But there's no way she'll leave alone."

"We'll kill the others. I'm giving you 3 months to bring her here. We need her before the blood moon passes."

"Yes sir."

"And boy, don't screw this up." 

I walked out of the room and made my way to the camp. How to get her out of there? I pulled out my phone and dialed the first number I could think of. 

"Hello." He answered.

"What if I told you I know where you can find the phoenix?"

"Who is this?"

"That's not important. Your family has a traitor. The phoenix has been under your noses all this time. What if I told you I could bring her to you?"

"Speak." Jeremiah growled into the phone making me smile.

"Meet me at central park in 3 days." I said before cutting. Perfect.

I stepped out of the car and stopped in front of the barrier. I ran my hand over it feeling it buzz beneath my fingers. 3 months was a lot of time. And I was a very patient wolf.

...............................

Another short filler chapter introducing our villain. Who do you think it is?