Winning the Dark Fae (Danny Phantom)

Danny was not a strong poker player so how he got into the game was beyond him. He was looking at the large pot as the dealer was handing out cards. Luck was on his side for some reason for he was winning. It was now down to him and the sweaty man who looked like he was about to spit nails. He did not have enough to cover the round.

"This will cover it." The man said, laying an end of a chain onto the middle of the table. On the other side of the chain was a dark fae with an iron collar around her neck. This was his slave, according to the rags she was wearing. She had been kneeling next to his chair with her eye downcast. She was so still and quiet that Danny did not notice her there until the sweaty man pulled on her chain, making her fall over.

The orc card dealer looked at Danny who nodded to accept the slave to the pot. The man smiled as he collected his new cards. Danny collected his, his face still in the resting mode. The sweaty man smiled tossing down his card, thinking he won with a straight. Danny, showing no emotions, laid down his cards, a flush.

"You cheated!" The sweaty man jumped up, upsetting the chair, nearly hitting the slave.

"The game was played fair. The young human is the winner." The orc announced, pushing the sweaty man away. The end of the chain slivered across the table to Danny's outstretch hand. Leaving slack in the chain, Danny moved to the slave. Gently lifting her chin, Danny had her look at him. Her eyes were amethyst and there was no shine to them. Her skin was so pale, it looked like moon beams. Her long black hair was tangles and knots. Danny stroked her sharp cheek with his thumb. He slipped his hand from her face, holding it out to her.

Trembling, Harlow looked up to her new owner. It was his touch that made her feel calm. His scent was different, sweet and fragrant. He held his hand out to her. She took it. As she stood up, he placed his arm around her waist, helping her. Her forehead barely reached his chin. She shivered. Seeing this, her new owner took off his jacket and placed it on her shoulders. This was the most kindness she had been shown in such a long time.

"I paid a lot of money for her. I am not leaving without her." The sweaty man yelled. With an angry look in his eyes, Danny reached over to the poker table. Using his arm, he flung the coins, jewels, and the rest at the sweaty man's feet. The other players looked puzzle at Danny as he wrapped his arm around the waist of Harlow. He held her close as they walked away from the table. Harlow pressed herself close to him, feeling safe in his embrace.

*

Danny opened the door for Harlow. She looked around at her new home. Not once did Danny pull the chain. He held her hand, guiding her around. Her took her to the bathroom where he began a bubble bath for her in the stand alone claw foot tub. She dropped her head as she started to pull the dirty clothes from her body.

"Wait." Danny said softly, stilling her actions. Gently, he took the iron collar in his hands. He looked at the lock and nodded his head. It was an enchanted collar, only to be opened by the hand who placed it around her neck, her father. "Chain lengthened." Danny commanded. The chain grew longer. Danny smiled at her before leaving the bathroom, giving her privacy.

Harlow sank into the warm water. She laid there, letting the blissful feeling sank in. She sighed, taking the washcloth and soap in her hands. She scrubbed her skin until it was pink. Harlow tried to run her fingers through her hands, crying out from the pains of the tangles.

Danny knocked on the door. He waited for a moment before closing his eyes and walking into the bathroom. "I heard you crying out. Are you okay?" He asked, kneeling at the tub.

"My hair." Harlow whispered, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. Danny rose, his eyes still closed. She watched him as he went to the cabinet.

"I am going to have to open my eyes. Is that okay?" Danny asked.