Courting (Danny Phantom/Werewolf)

It was a rare morning that Danny was enjoying breakfast with his parents. A snow had settled the night before, making the outside look like a magical winter wonderland. Sipping his morning tea, Danny noticed an odd shaped truck slow down and stop at the top of their driveway. There was a logo on the side.

"Dad, there is a butcher's truck outside." Danny called to his dad who was pouring his wife another cup of coffee.

"Maybe they are lost. Let's go see if they need help." Robert wondered. Donning on boots and jackets, the father and son went outside.

"Good morning. I'm looking for the residence of Danny Morton." The mountain of a man asked after stepping out his truck. Dressed on tan coverall and a tan Carhart jacket with the Butcher's Shop logo embroidered on the chest, the man flipped his long braid of light brown over his shoulder. He sported a full beard of light brown and grey that hung to his chest in a neat fashion. Under his brown toboggan hat, his eyes look amber colored in the morning light.

"That is me, but I did not order anything from your shop." Danny replied, looking the large man. Danny looked at his dad confused.

The man laughed. "Of course, you did not. This is ... say just how much you know about this town? I'm Walter, but everyone calls me Wallie." He expanded his hand to Danny who shook it. The man did not squeeze hard, but Danny knew that the guy was strong.

"Well, it is a great place. Beautiful surroundings." Robert mused, trying to think what he was missing. "Oh, the werewolves that founded the town and presided here still." He remembered that the town was founded as a safe haven for werewolves over two hundred years ago. Since then, the town grow and all are welcome with love and understanding as long as respect to the land and people were given.

"Great. Well, this is start of a courting ritual we werewolves have when we encounter our mate. A show that they will provide and care for their mate and any family the mate has." Wallie explained, opening up the back of the truck. Totes of packaged meat filled the space.

"Courting ritual?" Danny asked, looking at the back. That was a lot of meat.

"Yep. Young man, you are the one being courted. Good thing about this younger generation, they are a bit more caution about how things are done. When my wife started courting me, she threw a huge feral hog right on the lawn of my parents' house."

"Me!" Danny exclaimed, turning his head to Wallie. Wallie nodded his head. Danny looked back at the truck. Never did Danny thought that he would never encounter the one he was destined for, let alone it being a werewolf. "Umm, how do I let them know that I accept the courting?"

"They will know. Don't mean to sound all mysterious, but it is the fun of the courting ritual. That and the wolf can be really shy at the beginning. Now, I heard you are Jewish, so I got the kosher meat separated from the non-kosher. People who get too much or don't want it, we take the meat to the family center and orphanage. Nothing is wasted."

"That is good. We will take the kosher, donate the rest." Danny replied. He was still in shock.

"Hey, Gemstone! Lend a hand." Wallie hollered. From the cab of the truck, another person emerged. They were medium height, maybe five foot four, wearing old brown work boots and a black Carhart jacket with a different logo on the chest. Ripped blue jeans with grey thermal pants covered their legs. A tail end of a faded blue flannel shirt hung from under the jacket. They wore a trucker hat with the same logo as their jacket. Looked up at the group, Danny noticed their green eyes. They were cute with full pink lips, slender nose, and round cheeks.

"Good morning." They spoke softly, moving to the back on the truck. With ease, they pulled a tote of meat out.

"Good thing your mom did not go shopping yet. The chest freezer will fit everything." Robert commented to Danny as they grabbed for totes too.