The Sleeping Area

In front of Domnus Bell and Hestia stood a large mansion. The doors were huge and foreboding, the top of which sat a painting of a hammer hitting a flaming anvil.

"So how do we get Hephaestus's house?" Domnus asked Hestia.

"She knows me," Hestia said, "All I have to do is knock and she'll answer," Hestia said.

Hestia then knocked on the door. And nothing happened, both Domnus and Bell stood in silence while Hestia continued to knock on the door.

"HEPHAESTUS" Hestia yelled, "Please come out!" Hestia cried while knocking at the door.

At this Bell felt bad for Hestia, she was doing this for them after all. The only feeling Domnus could muster was pity for Hestia, and relief that he didn't join her familia.

The door of the mansion began to slowly open, before suddenly speeding up throwing Hestia out of the way and putting her face down on the ground.

"What do you want," someone said walking out from the mansion.

The person who walked out was holding a hammer in her right hand. She had red hair and an eye patch over her right eye.

"Hephaestus!" Hestia said shooting up from position and rushing to Hephaestus.

"Stop," Hephaestus said putting her hand or stopping Hestia, "What do you want."

"Well," Hestia said, "You see," she continued .

"The house we were living in is currently inhabitable," Bell blurted out, "So we're here to ask can we stay here for a while," Bell said while he Hestia and Domnus put on an embarrassed face.

"You," Hephaestus said putting her free hand on her face, "No, I can't let you stay here," Hephaestus said trying to keep the image of her familia alive.

"But," Hestia tried to say before getting cut off.

"No buts, just go to an inn or something," Hephaestus replied turning around.

"Wait!" Domnus called out stoping Hephaestus.

It was late at night so all the inns were already full like the last time he was here, meaning if he wanted to get Bell and Hestia a place to sleep, he would need to act fast.

"You are the God of smithing correct?" Domnus asked Hephaestus with a nervous smile.

"Correct," Hephaestus said turning around, "Why?"

"Well," Domnus said putting down his bag, "What if I could show you a sword made of something you have never seen?"

"I would say you are lying," Hephaestus said turning around.

As a God Hephaestus had seen the world and its people grow. She had seen every metal and seen blacksmiths live their whole life's to try to make a good sword. As the smithing God she was also extremely knowledgeable to every metal and blacksmithing technique. To say she would know a sword is an insult.

"Well, can't you tell if I'm lying?" Domnus asked reaching into his bag forgetting exactly where he put the sword.

"Just because you're not lying doesn't mean you're not wrong," Hephaestus replied.

"Well, then what is this made of?" Domnus said pulling out the sword and handing it to Hephaestus.

The sword was simple, a grip leading to a guard which the lead out to the sharp blade of the sword. The odd part about it was most of the sword was a deep black. It wasn't a short sword, but couldn't be called a long sword either.

With a small sparkle in her eyes Hephaestus took the sword and took a closer look at it.

"What is this?" Hephaestus asked looking over the sword with her uncovered eye.

"It's called a netherite sword," Domnus reviled to Hephaestus, "And it is mine so I will need it back," Domnus said reaching for the sword, "But,"

"Let me guess," Hephaestus said taking her eye off the sword, "I keep the sword you three get a place to stay until your house is fixed," Hephaestus commented.

"You got it," Domnus said with a smile.

"The second floor has two free rooms," Hephaestus said turning around, "Spit the rooms amongst each other," Hephaestus said going to her smithery to mess with the sword.

"Greatly appreciated," Domnus said as Hestia and Bell stood there shocked.

"How did you convince her but her best friend couldn't?" Hestia said confused.

"It's called a transaction," Domnus said, "And a good one to considering I didn't have to spend any valis and I have more swords," Domnus commented.

"You have more of those swords?" Bell said looking at Domnus.

"Yep," Domnus said proudly, "But if you want one you'll have to buy it."  Domnus said.

"Got it," Bell replied, "Guess I better save up!" Bell said with a smile.

"Now let's go!" Hestia said, "I need a place to lay down."

As the three walked to their rooms the constant sounds of iron hitting iron echoed where ever they went. As they got to the two rooms they then realized that one of them would need to share a room with another.

"Oh Bell," Hestia said with a smile, "You can sleep in my room with me," Hestia said with obvious intention, "We can thank Domnus by giving him his own room.

"I couldn't do that to you Goddess Hestia," Bell replied, "Me and Domnus will sleep together and you can have the other room," Bell then turned to Domnus, "If that's fine with you," Bell said to Domnus.

"Fine with me," Domnus said looking at Hestia's face turn to a frown, "Theres probably something I can sleep on, so come on!" Domnus said grabbing Bell and running into one of the rooms leaving Hestia to the other room.

As soon as Bell and Domnus enters the room the hammering so prevalent in the halls stoped suddenly.

"Hmm" Domnus hummed noticing the stop.

"So, are we sharing the bed?" Bell asked looking around the fancy room.

The room wasn't too large, but was still about the size as the basement they were living in. The bed was a king sized comfortably fitting two people.

"Nah," Domnus said pointing at a chair with an ottoman sitting next to it, "I'll just sleep in that," Domnus said putting his bag down.

"Are you sure?" Bell said before getting interrupted by the door opening.

"Hey," Hestia said from other side of the door, "Do either of you have any food?" she asked the two.

"I suppose we haven't had dinner have we?" Domnus said.

"No we haven't," Bell replied only now realizing that he was hungry.

"Hold on," Domnus said before reaching into his bag, "I think I have some hotdogs and hamburgers in here."

Domnus then pulled out a few food containers before opening them reviling one hotdog and one hamburger for each of them.

"Dig in," Domnus said passing the food to Bell and Hestia.

"Thank you so much," Bell said taking the food.

"No problem," Domnus replied, "I had some extra food in here I wasn't going to eat," Domnus said coming up with an excuse.

"But I also must thank you for getting us a place to rest." Bell said refusing Domnus excuse.

"Well I also need a place to rest," Domnus replied, "And it would be rather scummy not to let you two in on it," Domnus said.

"Well thank you anyways," Bell said beginning to chow down on the food.

Hestia knew Domnus was lying when he told Bell that he got them a room to sleep because it was convenient for him. Domnus was ready and willing to sleep on the street and could have done nothing. But, he stepped in for their sake.

Hestia gave Domnus her silent thanks, knowing if she said it out loud Domnus would rebuke it.

And so the three sat. Enjoying their small dinner before they went to their beds, except Domnus who went to the chair, and fell to sleep. Ready for what tomorrow would bring.