Chapter 11 : Incidents of Naruto and Hinata

It was a warm summer night when they agreed to meet.

Team 8 volunteered to look after Miral, so that Kurenal can attend this get together. Meanwhile, it was Kakashi's first social night-out since becoming the "Hokage", a position he was still trying to deny. Much to Tsunade's, relief, she would be getting a break from the hospital and her other duties.

And because it's summer, the kids were on vacation leaving Iruka-sensei vacant. Guy, on the other hand, was already adept at utilizing his wheelchair and this would be a first for him as well.

The savory aroma of their ordered dishes surrounded the air as their glasses were filled-up with Sake.

"Ugh, can you quit the 'I'm not yet the Hokage' thing Kakashi. They already have your face on the monument. Do you just expect them to wipe it out that easily, once you just suddenly decide against the position?" Iruka commented that made the silver-haired man sigh.

"I'm not really certain about this. I'm still taking over several matters at hand."

"Hmmm... How about the brat?" Tsunade asked as she downed her alcoholic drink..

"Well, his studies are faring well, and upon Shikamaru's request, we have started to introduce him to Hokage duties by giving him some scrolls and paper works to file. His diplomatic skills have also improved. I believe it is evident during his efforts to redeem Sasuke from the council." Kakashi reported casually.

"Well, I guess you, Iruka-sensel and Shikamaru have been dealing with a lot lately, but you don't look too stressed out at all compared before." The godaime said with a curious tone and drank another of her sake.

Kakashi, not knowing how to explain without sounding like his pink-haired female student, rubbed his nape embarrassedly. "About that..."

And it was his brunette friend who came to his rescue, "I actually counted Hyuuga Hinata in as well everytime Shikamaru would be sent on a mission. Surprisingly, Naruto behaves well around Hinata. He's starting to learn some etiquettes and formal speech through her."

"What a good strategy Iruka-sensel! Hinata's upbringing and knowledge is truly a big help for the boy and her reserved nature must have been influencing Naruto in one way or another." Guy said affirmatively, remembering how wise and dignified his deceased student was. Neji.

"I think it's not only Naruto who has been influenced. Hinata is getting more confident these days. Must've been because of the same reason." Kurenal interjected and took a sip of her tea.Iruka sighed and nodded in agreement.

Guy scoffed and stared down Kakashi, "Oh, the wonders of youthful love, isn't that right Kakashi?"

In return, the silver-haired man immediately waved-off embarrassed and said in the middle of chuckle, "I don't really know anything about that!"

He was lying and everyone knew that.

"Oh, really, Kakashi? Is that why Shikamaru was always on diplomatic missions recently?" Guy argued trying to grill his rival.

"Oh, so that's why Hinata is vacant of missions lately." Kurenai commented that made the man in-question inwardly blame Sakura for whatever pressure he was experiencing. Chuckling quite stiffly, Kakashi retorted, "It's not like something can happen at all."

Iruka and Kurenai instantly scowled at him with an incredulous look on their faces.

"Naruto might be slow in learning these academic stuff and might know nothing about girls, but he's a socially-open kid." Iruka commented defensively and Kurenai followed, "We all know that Hinata is a sweet girl and she..." The raven-haired woman hesitated, until it was Tsunade who continued,