Chapter 12 : Can I stay here , with you

The clouds passed by across the sky as the humid air blew her hair back. Hinata was silently admiring the beautiful flowers she grew over springtime. She watered them with love and shone her own kind of sun for them to grow strong and beautiful.

Out of all the flowers that grew in their garden this year, they were the ones that reminded her of him. Their color was the same as his blonde locks. 

They were quite puny, but there's some kind of brightness in them that made her smile. Their scent was that of honey and orange blossom-a sweet and sour kind, tangy and happy. Yellow Acacia.

Ever since Hinata knew that Naruto loved the flowers she was bringing him during his hospitalization, she promised him that she'll bring one of the flowers from their compoundonce they grew in perfect shape. 

Aside from that, she caught him admiring the greens and blossoms at the compound during their study sessions. Softly, she picked a batch of the flowers and sighed heavily. In the coming two days would be the Tanabata Festival. 

The festival of the stars, the festival of lovers finally finding their path to each other and Hinata was planning to tell Naruto what she felt all these years.

Again, for the second time. However, this time, she would no longer expecting her death nor not hearing his response.

This time was for real, She wanted to attend the festival with him; they would be writing their wishes of love on those colorful papers with hopes of them being together, they would play those games together and most importantly the fireworks-she would share it with him and him with her. 

And for her to achieve all that, she must power up and invite him now before he even planned on going anywhere else.

And if he rejected her...

Well, she had always prepared herself for that. She might just probably spend the festival inside her room, trying to piece her heart back together and trying to accept that there must be stars that were never really meant to meet.

"Hinata,"

"Otou-sama," She greeted back with a curt bow to which her father dismissed.

"Are you heading for a mission again, neechan?" Hanabi asked.

She nodded her head in refusal as her father followed-up, "Your recent mission has taken a toll on your byakugan. You should be more careful on using them now."

"Thank you for your concern, otou-sama, Hanabi." She bade as she exited her home very nervous to the bones.

With a very fond gentleness, she cradled the flowers in her hands. She really put her heart into them. In the duration of their growth, she became their mother. And to simply put it, the patience, care and love she poured on them was a covert message of unrequited love from her to him.

Konoha was already starting the preparation for the festival and this year was ought to be grand as this would be the year that they will be celebrating in pure peace. People, all from different nations and villages started to gather in order to witness the said event.

Hinata was nearing the Ichiraku Ramen stand when she was mentally practicing her confession, blush covering her cheeks.

Naruto-kun, all this time I've been watching you from afar, and I've always, always.

She pinched her eyes closed and scolded herself over and over. In her ear was his voice echoing...

Just a friend...Hinata, just a friend.