Chapter 35 : Fire of Artifice

All the Hyuga clan members were busy in preparation for their New Year's Eve dinner which would be happening later.

It's the usual tradition where they dine as one clan to welcome another fruitful and progressive year ahead.

The most common talk during the dining table were the major things that occur on their village for the past year.

It's very likely that this year, they would be talking about their Hinata-sama and Uzumaki Naruto's relationship, which could drastically transform their clan in a way. "Nee-chan I think you should try the red kimono for this year."

Hanabi chirped as she rolled over her big sister's bed. "That lavender one is going to face out when you're going to use it every year."

Hinata just stared at the red kimono her father gifted her. It's odd that he'll give her something new for just this occasion since her father would normally wear the same old same old each year.

The younger Hyuga grabbed the kimono away. "Look, otou-san gave you this so you could wear this one today."

Hinata just looked at her quizzically in return and gave out a soft chuckle. "If you say so then I will."

"Pfft!" Hanabi let out and tugged on her sister's sleeve whispering, "I know you're planning to watch the fireworks at the festival with your boyfriend."

"H-Hanabi!" Hinata reacted flustered.

A knock came to their door. It's their father.

"Otou-san," the two sisters and greeted when their father opened the door to Hinata's room.

"Uzumaki Naruto..." Hinata's head instantly lifted upon hearing Naruto-kun's name from her father. "Have you invited him to our dinner later, Hinata?"

"I-I haven't..." His daughter answered

"Well, then...Kindly invite him over."

"Understood, otou-san." Hinata agreed with a bow.

Their father started to take his leave when he suddenly stopped. "Oh, please wear the kimono I gave you."

When their father had completely gotten away, Hanabi began twirling her kunai and circled around her sister. "Looks like I see not just a New Year's Eve dinner..."

""H-Hanabi!" Hinata mildly admonished her little sister's teasing, and the whispered quite hesitantly. "What do you mean by that?"

"Hmmm..." Hanabi playfully cupped her chin. "Looks like I also see an engagement!"

The older Hyuga just gave her sister an eye and pinched her cheek, which have them both laughing. "You...silly..."

There were two haoris: a black one that looked super sophisticated since it's a gift from Gaara-and there's the other one-the one he usually wears during the fireworks festival.

To be honest, he thought that the first one was too formal just for a fireworks festival, but he wanted to impress Hinata in a way.

Naruto was trying his best to weigh down his options on which haori would be the best fitting for his very special date later.

However, his mind was constantly being bombarded with scenes of how was he going to hold his girlfriend's hand? Should he imitate other couples who kissed just when the fireworks start popping? But he also wanted them to watch the fireworks too.

His phone buzzed and he was taken out of his jumbled thoughts. It's Hinata!

Filled with so much excitement, he saw her message shocking him.