Chapter 17: A Massive Storm

Kingdom of High Tarxan, A Tarxan Port, Portville, On The Ocean Of The Kingdom Of High Tarxan.

First Year Of God, First Day, First Five Days, First Month.

"Goddamn wankers, hurry! Move faster! Bring in the magicore inside those ships as soon as possible!" a burly elven male barked.

Many Elven sailors were hurrying back and forth as they tried to move several gigantic magicores each towards the inside of the ironclad ships.

But what was surprising was that these magicores were so large that it was the size of a car, yet each was carried by five elven men as they managed to hold it with little effort.

"Heave, ho! Heave, ho! Heave, ho!"

As they chanted along the way, they maneuvered the magicores all around to each ship, to which soon enough, the sailors had filled nearly all the spatial storage aboard the ship with magicores, preparing the vessel for departure.

An elven sailor with a vastly different attire compared to the other sailors sauntered confidently toward the control panels along with the entire crew of the ironclad ship. The crew of the ironclad ship moved efficiently as they walked back and forth, preparing to move out of the dry dock of Portville and meet up with the rest of the forces of the queen.

"Ready up the magi-engines!" the elven male commanded.

The magi-engines roared to life with enough fervor to propel the ironclad ship forward. Thick black smoke was being released from the smokestack, trailing behind the vessel.

"Magicians! Purify the magicores and invoke the blessings of the goddess of the wind!" the elven male ordered, setting the ship on its course.

A group of magicians began chanting some ancient unspeakable incantations, causing the magicores in the magi-engines to light up and glow as they purified the magicores into pure energy. This purification was followed by another incantation, which made the magicores glow even brighter, but this time, it casted a hue of green energy that enhanced the ship's surroundings.

The ironclad ship picked up speed noticeably, its progress through the waves becoming increasingly rapid at a visible rate. Soon, it sliced through the water like an arrow that was released from a bow, moving with remarkable speed that might even surpass the total speed of a regular ironclad ship on earth.

Soon enough, the iron-clad ship that was slicing across the tidal waves of the ocean arrived at its designated meeting point. There, the crew witnessed a vast armada of ironclad ships, numbering over a hundred, already assembled. Looking to both the left and right, they could see even more ironclad ships converging from all directions.

"Communicator! Send a message to the advance ship using the magical transmission device and inform her majesty that we have arrived!" the elven sailor commanded.

"Right away, captain!" another sailor responded as he picked up some sort of small cylinder object with a small crystal in the tip on his hand. He chanted his mana into it and whispered, using its magic to transmit the message and quickly receiving a response in return.

From an outside perspective, the hundred ships stationed in the ocean look like an invasion force. In truth, it was indeed an invasive force, a massive force ready for battle.

After traveling nearly a hundred kilometers for hours, they found themselves facing what seemed like a massive storm ahead. What puzzled them was the fact that the storm was completely still, as it had not moved an inch. The mana-sensitives aboard the ships were able to sense numerous creatures beyond the storm, including sea monsters. However, they also sensed something else beyond there, something they couldn't explain yet.