Chapter 25 - Interlude 3

A/N: Goddamnit, I'm ashamed, disappeared for a month, and just when I started posting here too. I really didn't want to just stop posting but... well.

First I kinda caught dengue fever, then I took the wrong medication (DON't DO THAT, if you ever catch it), thankfully, it wasn't nearly as serious as it could have been and, in the hospital, I should have actually had more time to write, but my depression hit me hard and...

Anyway, it's not an excuse to not even give you guys a warning, but it's what happened, sorry about that.

I also didn't work on my college's final papers, so I'm gonna have to scramble to finish that too, and updates won't be as often as I'd like, probably a chapter every two weeks or so.

Despite all that, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter.

____________________________

_____________________________

Koriand'r felt her entire body lighting up with pain as the Psions bombarded her with synthetic sunlight. Tamaraneans could absorb, and even survive exclusively on sunlight, but everything had a limit, and Koriand'r could feel her own approaching.

She felt the light entering her body break through a limit and continue, more and more sunlight entered her cells. She felt like she would explode, the energy she had always carried with her pulsating inside her body and reaching a crescendo.

"X'hall's Breath!" She heard her sister scream in pain despite the metal wall separating them.

NO! Her mind rebelled. They would kill Komand'r! Her sister had been born sick, she could not absorb sunlight, and the very act caused her physical pain.

Her wrists strained uselessly against the manacles even as a stream of fire seemed to enter her very veins, Koriand'r screamed even harder.

Even with the pain she was feeling, Koriand'r heard the explosion in the other room, it was followed by a short struggle. Soon, she saw her sister break down the door and look inside her room.

Swallowing her scream, Koriand'r smiled on the inside, Komand'r was free. They could escape!

For a few seconds, her sister stared at her, her face impassive. Gritting her teeth, Komand'r turned her face aside and stepped away.

"Sister!" Koriand'r managed to scream through the pain.

Komand'r paused, without looking back, she lifted a hand and two bolts of purple energy flew from her finger, one hit the solar generator and stopped her torture, the other pierced through the machines around her and hit her right hand manacle, breaking through the reinforced metal and sending another jolt of pain through Koriand'r's body.

Lowering her hand, Komand'r stepped away from the door.

"Thank you." Koriand'r whispered as she heard Komand'r's steps running away. For a moment, she had believed her sister would leave her locked there to be tortured, the fact that she did not brought no small amount of joy to her heart.

Gathering her strength, Koriand'r pulled her arm away from the broken manacle, sending shards of metal flying through the room. Grabbing her remaining manacle, she pulled against it with both arms at the same time.

Koriand'r felt something rising inside herself. She channeled that feeling into her actions and, with a shout, her hands burst into green light as she ripped the manacle in half.

Directing her newfound power towards her legs, she felt the energy leaving her body. Green bolts of energy flew from her hands and exploded against the locks on her legs, it was not enough to destroy them, but the attack had damaged them enough that she could pull herself free.