Chapter 3 - Alec

"Lie back," Asmodeus said as he parted their kiss to allow Alec a few gasps of air

"Lie back," Asmodeus said as he parted their kiss to allow Alec a few gasps of air. The sound ran razors over Alec's ears, but Asmodeus hands easing him back onto soft leaves muted much of it.

"Should we really be doing this with me infected by the poisons?" Alec protested as he leaned back on his elbows, fear for Asmodeus safety winning out above any arousal. More than once, Asmodeus had put his tongue in his mouth, and he didn't want the man to die for his lust.

"It's fine," Asmodeus whispered as he dropped his mouth to the hollow in Alec's neck and licked up the skin until he rounded his chin and was at his lips again. "If Zero had a poison that could be spread from person to person or infect our food source contagiously, we'd have been dead long ago. Drinking your blood would certainly make me sick, but the poison must be delivered to our bodies in its most concentrated form or we filter it out like any other illness. Now lie back," Asmodeus repeated the command so sharply that the hiss slid across Alec's ear painfully. It was not meant to hurt, so Alec did as he was told only to have Asmodeus entire body resting on him not a moment later.

There was nowhere to go that he wouldn't be touching or breathing Asmodeus, and it had him sighing with relief that the feeling was overpowering the poison. It was the perfect escape, and Alec opened his mouth for Asmodeus to take it in a kiss so powerful that his head pressed back into the leaves. Alec spread his legs for Asmodeus to settle between, and Asmodeus took full advantage by pressing every bit of his chest and groin flush with Alec's body. The hardness between Asmodeus's legs had Alec arching as his arousal started to stand on end, and he was relieved when that feeling worked without the negative effects of the poison.

In the back of his head, Alec really hoped Vardon had left, because he had no way of knowing who might be watching them. Though a house head just dropping to the ground to fuck some mage they just met might look weird for any other leader of the vampire hierarchy, Asmodeus was well known for his lusts. It made Alec wonder if this meant anything to Asmodeus more than physical pleasure, but ultimately it didn't matter. The final stages of the poison infection was always lethal. Alec had days if he was lucky, and he had no interest in dying a virgin.

For years, people had come into and out of his life, women, men, some who had been interested in him as a mate, but he'd brushed off near any proposal Forest brought to him until he stopped introducing him to people. The only person who held Alec's interest had been Idus Arc, one of the Arc houses' most prominent generals who technically owned him by archaic vampire law since he was the first one to feed from him.

Alec couldn't think of him now, of the powerful navy eyes that captured his every morning when they met in the cafeteria. How each day he worked side by side with the man for peace, and how they'd never fought without Idus on the same battlefield. That hadn't been possible with the infiltration though. Ares had left the Arc house many years ago, leaving the responsibility of its protection on Ares heirs' by blood. Those were Idus and Reaver, and they'd needed both of them to protect their people in Neil and Silvia's absence.