2.4| WINTER'S CHILD

────⋆⋅જ⁀➴

"It's not the devil at the door

it's just your shadow on the floor."

⁀➴ Shadow

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙* ϟ *•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙**̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙

2008
TAIGA
RUSSIA

Florence Meadows enjoyed doing solo missions sometimes, it gave her a time to focus without worrying about the life that she was partnered with. There were downsides, like the fact she worried that if anything happened to her, no one would know and her child would be left without a mother. Especially now, when her husband had just left for Afghanistan and her daughter was in the care of Happy Hogan and Pepper Potts.

The snow crunched under her boots as she walked through the deserted forest. She'd spoken to a few locals and one had given her a tip that there was someone lurking in the forest. She could already see the blood getting closer as she walked, she wasn't even sure what she was looking for.

She'd been sent there on a tip that there was a young girl that was been held hostage and no one was willing to get involved and the police couldn't catch the guy. The odd thing about the case was that the people she spoken to refused to tell her anything, apart from a singular person, who was convinced the 'hostage' didn't seem scared at all.

"What the hell?" Florence muttered as she lay eyes on where the blood had come from.

There was nine bodies, all police officers. Each had a clean bullet in their forehead before they could even get to a gun. In the centre of it, stood a shadow. They were small, with long jet-black hair; they had her back turned to Florence and stood completely still.

"Drop the gun!" Florence yelled, holding up a gun in front of her. "Now!"

The shadow turned around and while the gun dropped, so did their entire body. Florence grumbled to herself but found herself dragging the figure to her safe house that wasn't far. She had tied their hands together and took the gun off them.

It was a child.

Florence determined the young girl couldn't have been older than fourteen and that broke her heart. Her own daughter was barely eleven and thinking of her murdering a bunch of innocents didn't sit right.