001.

ME AND OPERETTA SAT IN THE GARAGE, tuning our instruments. We had such similar instruments, yet they were so different at the same time. I didnt even notice Vinnie walk in until I heard the garage door slam shut.

"What's up losers?" He greeted, in his usual way. Vinnie was the bully friend, always mean but not really meaning it. It's what I liked about him, deep down he was a nice person.

"Where are your sticks?" I asked, looking up from my guitar. He usually brings them everywhere, so to see him without them is strange.

"Oh, they're in the car. I guess I forgot them." He said with a shrug. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion before shaking my head and focusing on my guitar once again.

"Where's Amy?" Operetta asked, her soft voice breaking the silence of the room. It was quite odd that Amy wasn't here yet, since this was her garage after all.

"I don't know. I'll call her." Vinnie responded, pulling his phone out and dialing her number. He stepped aside as Amy's mom came into the garage, with a tray of snacks in her hands.

"Hey kiddos. I brought refreshments!" She exclaimed. Amy's mom was just the sweetest, and quite beautiful too. When I first met her, i'd mistaken her as Amy's sister.

"Thanks Mrs.Lee!" Operetta said, pulling her bass guitar strap off of her shoulder and leaning it against the wall.

Mrs. Lee set the tray down on a chair before clasping her hands together with a smile. I looked up from my guitar at the sound of her hands colliding.

"Amy will be here in a few. She had to stay after school. Something about a test." She explained, her eyes flickering between each of our faces.

"Okay, sounds great." I replied, with a smile. She nodded before unclamping her hands and letting them fall to her side.

"Well kiddos, I'll let y'all work. Dont be too loud!" She sweetly said, before walking back into the house.

"Amy staying after school? That doesn't sound like her at all." Vinnie said with a chuckle, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, you know schools almost over, maybe shes just making up a test to get her grades up last minute." Operette suggested, standing up and grabbing an apple slice off the snack tray and dipping it into melted caramel.

I nodded, before pulling my guitar strap off of my shoulder and gently leaning it against the wall, next to operetta's.

I felt my phone vibrating in my pants, so I reached into my pocket, pulling it out. It was my brother, which was weird, because he usually never calls.

I answered quickly, stepping out of the garage since I assumed it was important.

"Alexandria?" His voice sounded over the speaker, and I felt my stomach drop. I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling. It was probably nothing.

"Yes?" I responded. "Im bringing my friend to your concert for his birthday. Well, him and a few of my friends as well." He responded. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Let me guess, you want a backstage pass?" I asked, with a smirk on my face, although he couldn't see it. "Yeah. I am your brother, in case you've forgotten." He replied, and I could almost hear the smile on his lips.

"Sure, sure. How many?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "4. Including me, which would be 5. Oh, and Lyzzie's going, so 6." He said, stammering over his words.

"Okay. See you then." I replied. "You have your sunlight necklace, yes?" He asked, and I chuckled.

"No, Xander, I left it at home so I could shrivel up and die." I responded, sarcasm seeping through my words. I heard him click his tongue before saying goodbye, and hanging up.