003.

I SNUCK BACK INTO MY ROOM, and Operetta was still sleeping. It had to be no earlier than 4 a.m., so it didn't surprise me. I now sat on the floor, my legs crossed over each other, and my back against the wall.

I had a book laid in my lap, called 'breaking dawn'. So far it's pretty interesting, but the book is extremely long. I tried to focus on the book, which was easier than I thought it would be.

I got two pages into the book before I heard my cell phone ringing. I stood up, searching for it, before finding it on my desk. I picked it up, answering the call.

"Elyzabethe! I haven't heard from you in a while, what's up?" I exclaimed as soon as I answered. I had stepped out of the room, just so I wouldn't wake Operetta.

"Hey, Lexi. I was wondering if you would mind if I came home earlier than I'm supposed to." She slowly said, and I looked down the hallway at my brother's room, his door wide open.

"Yeah, that's fine Lyzzie." I calmly said, walking towards my brother's room. I peeked in through his doorframe, and he was no where to be found.

"Okay great, I'll see you in like 10 minutes." She replied, her voice excited.

"Operetta's here, so don't do anything stupid." I warned, now walking down the stairs. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion when I didn't see Xander anywhere.

"Hm. Okay, you act like I'm going to kill my girlfriend ." She replied, an obvious disappointment to her tone.

"Well, I mean, I wouldn't doubt it." I replied, a smug look on my face, though she couldn't see it.

"Okay, now you're just being mean. I'll be there soon, gotta go." She said, hanging up the phone before I could respond. I sighed, clicking my phone off and shoving it in my pocket.

I walked towards the kitchen, and again, no sign of Xander. Slowly, I walked towards the back door, pulling it open. I stepped out, closing it softly behind me.

Turning around, I searched the backyard for him, and couldn't find him. Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket once again, dialing his number once I'd opened it.

He answered after the first three rings, and sounded like he'd been running. "What?" He harshly asked, and I sighed.

"Where are you?" I asked, stepping back into the cold house. I walked over to the wall, switching the light off.

"Out." He simply replied and I chuckled at his response.

"Yeah, never heard of it. Where are you?" I asked again, sitting down in a chair at the dining table we never use.

"I'm a few blocks away, I'll be home soon." He replied. I nodded before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.

Before I could even stand up out of the chair, I heard rapid knocking on the door. As I was walking through the kitchen and into the living room, the front door burst open and Elyzabethe stood there with a wide smile on her face.

"Hey, Lyzzie." I said as I let out a sigh of relief. She looked around the house before looking at me again, a confused expression on her face.

"Where's Alexander?" She asked, and I shrugged. She shot me a worried look, one that i've seen a lot.

"He's a few blocks away, he'll be home soon." I said, clicking my tongue at the end of my sentence and raising my eyebrows. She slowly nodded, a smile growing on her face.

"So, when is the concert again? I don't know how but I've forgotten." She asked, plopping down onto the couch. I sat opposite of her, resting my legs on hers.