002.

WE ARRIVED AT MY HOUSE, and Xander stood waiting by the door. It shocked me at first, but I calmed down instantly. Xander stood there with his arms crossed, an angry expression on his face.

"So, when were you gonna tell me you were bringing a human home?" He demanded, taping his fingers impatiently against his arm.

I rolled my eyes before scoffing. "Must you really do this now? And she has a name, by the way." I replied, a sarcastic smirk on my face.

He looked to the left, before unfolding his arms. "I could smell her for miles. Next time, ask." He responded, before looking back at me.

"Okay, dad." I replied, resisting the urge to snicker. He simply huffed angrily in response.

As if on cue, a bubbly Operetta entered the house, taking her shoes off and placing them in front of the door. "Hey Xander!" She greeted, and he gave her a polite smile before turning on his heels and walking up the stairs.

My brother wasn't the best at friendliness, but who cares? Operetta didn't mind much after her first few, might I add short, interactions with him.

He used to be the kindest person on the planet, but ever since that night, he changed. I couldn't blame him.

I walked up the stairs behind him, Operetta trailing behind. Walking down the long hallway, I pushed my bedroom door open and plopped my bag down next to the door.

Operetta closed the door behind her, placing her bag next to mine. I sat on the edge of my bed, grabbing my remote and handing it to her.

"You can watch whatever, I don't mind." I told her with a smile, and she softly retrieved the remote from my hands, clicking the tv on.

"How does 'Perks of being a Wallflower' sound?" She asked, turning around to face me.

I shrugged, before replying. "Put it on." And she did just that. The movie started, and I recognized a few of the actors. I couldn't really focus on the movie, but I tried to, at least.

Operetta placed the tv remote on my desk, before sitting directly next to me on the bed. I felt myself stiffen up, but quickly relaxed myself before she noticed.

It had gotten easier to ignore the smell of her, not that she smelt bad or anything, but she had a stronger smell than anyone else. I could identify her just by her scent from miles away, because her aroma was much different than any other humans I've ever smelt.

I pushed the thought out of my head, afraid if I thought about it too much it would be hard to control myself.

Operetta made a few comments about the movie here and there, but otherwise the only sound in the room was the tv.

I lost the plot of the movie a while ago, but I tried to interpret the movie the best I could. Before I knew it, Operetta was fast asleep.

I sighed, before crawling over her sleeping body, and unfastened my sun necklace, placing it in my jewelry box.

I quickly walked towards my door, opening it and walking out, silently shutting it behind me. I could hear Xander's thoughts, they were extremely loud tonight.

He was thinking about the concert, and about how many people would be there. I shook my head, before softly knocking on his door. I heard his footsteps approaching the door before it swung open.

"You know you don't have to worry too much about the concert, right?" I said as soon as his door opened, and he rolled his eyes.

"Could you stop reading my thoughts? It's extremely annoying." He asked, shaking his head and walking into his room. I followed, shutting the door behind me.

"It's hard not too, you think a lot." I replied, plopping onto the floor next to his bed. He groaned, sitting next to me.

"Hey, you can be pretty annoying too!" I said, bringing my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around my legs.

He chuckled before replying. "How come?" I looked over at him before sighing.

"You get those visions. You see any bad ideas I have before I can even carry them out, so I don't have any fun!" I replied, shooting him an annoyed look.

He chuckled, shaking his head. "Well it has its advantages. You know, like I wouldn't have been able to see you bringing a hu-Operetta here." He said, fixing his words quickly.

I groaned, standing up. "Its not my fault you can't control yourself." I said, crossing my arms." He smiled before replying. "Actually I can. I just don't like the way that you feel you need to hide things from me." He shrugged before standing up as well.

I nodded before exiting his room. He stayed behind, closing his door behind me.

——————————————————————————