II.

You're only 18. You've been acting all your life, but now you're preparing to debut in a girl group. Singing and performing has become your new form of self expression.

However, you overheard in a conversation that you weren't able to make the cut. All these months for nothing. It hurts, but you've been in the show business for a long time and you easily move on and forward from matters like these. You have to be mature for your age.

It doesn't mean you're not allowed to be sad, though. That's why you decided to take a breather that night at your condo's rooftop, listening to music. After some time, a woman taps you on your shoulder, telling you you're in her spot.

"Hmm? Oh, good evening." You removed your earphones and clasped your hands together to greet the older woman.

"Good evening," she replied, returning the gesture. "That's my spot," she repeated while pointing to where you were standing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know! I'll go now," you apologized and was about to leave, but suddenly stopped dead in your tracks upon recognizing the woman - winner of Miss Grand Thailand 2016 and also an actress. She smiles. "I get that a lot," she said.

"Sorry for taking your spot. I should probably go."

"Would you mind if you keep me company?"

For some reason you agreed, even though you hesitated at first. There's something about this woman that you couldn't place just yet. And you could use someone to talk with at the moment.

You tell her what happened earlier that day. She looks at your face, not with pity but with sadness - as if telling you she can relate to what you're feeling.

"Looks like you're the one who needs company." She smiled, grabbing a Jager from her pocket and sipping a drink.

"What is that?"

"Oh, it's Jager, Jagermeister. You want some?"

"Hmmm." You took the bottle and made a quick inspection. "Can I have a sip?"

"Sure," she said. You had already taken a shot when she realized she forgot to ask how old you are.

"Oh my god, you're...not underage, are you?" She quickly grabbed the bottle from you.

"Uhm... I'm 18." You quietly confessed, with a shy smile on your face.

"I'm sorry! I should've asked you first before offering." She fell silent for a while, guilty of offering an alcoholic beverage to a teenager. You tell her that it's okay; that you won't ask again for another sip since you don't like how it tastes anyway. You ask her how old she is, and could not believe she's already 25, turning 26 in a month. She let out a chuckle. "I'm not fond of flattery, to be honest. But thank you."

"Can we be friends?"

"Sure, why not?"

"I'm Yoko. Nice to meet you!"

"Nice to meet you too, Yoko. You can call me Faye."

You shook each other's hands. You know she's different from the rest of the people you've met - bold, confident, yet gentle and caring. Maybe you made the right decision to stay with her after all.

You went on telling her about your interests and asking her about random things. She also had her share of the conversation by telling you the places she'd been, the people she'd met. You can tell she's loosened up from the moment you became comfortable in her presence.

Is it possible to be immediately attached to someone after meeting them once? But she said she wanted to do it again tomorrow, hanging out at the rooftop - so for sure time will work on this newly formed thing you have. She's 8 years older than you, but it's with this person that you have become yourself after quite some time. And you decide to take a chance.

"Yeah, let's hang out again. See you tomorrow, P'Faye!"