Apple Tree - Andy x Reader (fluff)

821 words

"Hey, do you wanna go for a drive today?" Andy asks, running a hand through his hair while the other fiddles with the buttons of his shirt.

I take a small sip of my tea before answering,
"Sure.
What should I wear?"

"A sun dress might be nice, or some jeans. But I don't think it really matters." He answers, walking towards me.

His hand placed on my shoulder, he leans down and places a gentle kiss on my lips.

I smile against his mouth, mumbling:
"I think we should take the convertible. It's so nice out today."

"Agreed.
I'll bring 'er around while you get dressed." He stands straight once more, squeezing my shoulder lightly.

As Andy heads towards the door attached to the garage, I set down my tea.

Leaving my things in the kitchen, I make my way to the bathroom.

I brush my hair and teeth, but I don't put on any makeup.
I technically did already have remanence of eyeliner, darkening my under eye.

Grabbing a pair of jeans and a white t shirt, I head back to the kitchen.

I decide it will be smart to bring snacks so I find a small bag with long straps and fill it with crackers, and a few water bottles.

Andy returns, leaving the garage door ajar behind him.
"I parked it by the front door; do you wanna drive?"

"No you can. I'm taking the Audi out with the girls tomorrow anyway."

"Okay" He smiles, taking my hand and pulling me through the door.

He opens my door for me before hopping into his own seat, starting the engine.

We pull out onto the main street, but we aren't there for long.

After about only a kilometre, Andy turns down a very little road.

He places his hand on my thigh, squeezing lightly without paying attention.

He hums while he drives, but I don't recognize the melody.

"Watcha singin?" I ask, curiosity prominent in my voice.

"Nothing really. Just a snippet." He sighs, turning off the car and pulling the keys out of the ignition.
"We're here though. Come on."

I look out past the windshield.
A lush forest in front of me.
A river with large rocks,
And some perfect picnic spots.

It also seems fairly secluded.
"How did you find this place?"

"On one of my many adventures." He laughs, throwing his arms in the air.
"Anyway, lemme show you the best part."

His arm tightly secured around my waist, he guides me to a clearing.

It's surrounded by bushes and flowers, with one lone tree in the middle.

I gasp when I see a ripe Honey Crisp apple hanging from one of the lower branches.

"Do you like it?"

"It's beatutiful" I grab his hands in mine, dropping down to the ground and dragging him with me.

I let my head fall back against the rough bark.

Andy laughs, pulling me close to him.

He takes my place against the tree and places me between his legs, turned away from him.

I lay one of my hands on his thigh, the other over my heart.

The sun is shining and the air is cool.
Rustling tall grass and the scent of the cedar trees nearby.

I shut my eyes and take in the beauty of this moment; Andy's arms around my waist.

Andy buries his face in my neck, laying gentle kisses across my skin.

"I thought you might enjoy a day away from everything." He whispers.

"You were right.
I miss when we used to do this all the time." I frown, recalling times in the past when he wasn't so busy.

"It's okay, Y/N. I won't be away for a long time now.
We can do this everyday if you want." He smiles, rubbing his hands in circles over my stomach.

"We only have 7 months before our lives change forever..." I mull, dropping my head into my hands.

"You're not excited?" He asks, his voice a little shaky.

"No, no I am. It's just that nothing will be the same.
You know how I am with change." I assure, kissing him softly.

"I don't mind. A little us running around. Sounds like a lot of free entertainment to me." He smiles, pulling away from me only slightly to speak.

"I'm just happy it keeps you home." I whisper, cupping his cheeks with my hands.

Studying his face, I can't help but to think about how our baby will have those same beautiful eyes.

"Whatcha thinkin' about?" He asks, turning me around to face him.

"Our baby is going to have all of your perfect features." I giggle, tracing my fingers over his lips and nose and jawline.

"Awwww, I love you..." He mumbles as he pushes his face into the crook of my neck.
"You're so pretty.

"I love you too baby." I whisper, lacing my fingers with his fluffy hair.