Andy x Reader - Baby Girl (fluff)

528 words

I lift my arm from the counter where I was chopping up vegetables to check the time.
Swiveling my wrist and clapping the bits of diced veggies off my hands, I can see that it's 17:47.
Perfect.

Andy will be done with his interview in about 10 minutes.
Good for me that the building is only a 6 minute drive away.

He doesn't know that I'm picking him up of course. Or that I've made us a full meal; not just air fried chicken and rice like usual.

I decide it's best to leave now instead of waiting until the last minute.

Making my way toward the garage, I fix my hair to sit nicely for when he sees me.

The car unlocks with a beep and a flicker of its LED headlights.
I start it up and pull out onto the road, turning the radio up.

17:55.
A bit of traffic, but on time, nevertheless.

I fiddle with my top and my nails for a few minutes before he appears behind the glass doors of the building; walking toward the exit.
Completely oblivious of my being parked just outside, he almost walks right past the car.

I honk the horn and he jumps a bit; smiling when he noticed who was in the driver's seat.

He quickly makes his way to the passenger side door; pulling it open and shutting with a click.

He leans over to me to press a gently kiss to my lips; his right hand slipping up and cupping my cheek.

When he drops himself back into his seat,
"Hi Y/N. I didn't know you were coming to pick me up today." He speaks, with a certain peppiness to his voice.

"I just felt like it." I smile, placing my hand on his thigh and pulling back out onto the main road.

"It's funny to be in the passenger seat, with your hand on my thigh." He laughs, almost nervously.

"I think it's cute." I whisper, scrunching my nose and turning to him for a moment; my hand lightly squeezing at his leg.

He just smiles and places his hand a top mine for the rest of the ride home.

When we arrive, I hop out at jog over to Andy's side, opening the door for him.

"Chivalry is not dead I see." He chuckles, taking the hand I'd offered to him.

"Damn right it's not." I confirm, my voice low and unstrained.

I hook my arm around his as we walk back into the house.

He finds it quite hilarious.

Once we're inside, he notices the full home cooked meal set on the table for 2.

"You did all this?" He asks sweetly and a little surprised.

"I did." I reply, proud of what I'd spent my day doing.

"You didn't have to do all this, y'know."

"Anything for my baby girl." I smile, cupping his cheeks between my warm hands.

"Baby girl?" Andy laughs, his hand over his stomach.

"Yes. You are my baby girl, Andrew." I inform him of his new and very permanent nickname.

"Alright then." He agrees, his lips curved in a downward smile.