Prologue

A twisted smile spread across his face as he leaned in closer, his hot, alcohol-laced breath  over her. He pressed his nose to her neck, inhaling deeply before pulling back slightly to growl in her ear, "You can't run away anymore."  he slurred, his voice a sinister whisper. His eyes bore into hers with a mix of anger and possessiveness that made her blood run cold.

Her mind raced, desperately trying to think of a way to escape.
"Let me go!" she cried, her voice trembling. She tried to pull away, but he only tightened his grip, his other hand moving to her waist to hold her closer.

"You're mine," he growled, his lips curling into a cruel smile. "And no one gets to take what's mine."

_______________________

"If you really want to stop me, tell me-will we ever be able to live like normal people?" She asked, her voice trembling despite the smile she forced. Hurt was evident in her eyes, knowing what his answer would be.

He looked at her, his face a mask of turmoil. She was no one to him, and he was no one to her. Before this, they hadn't even known each other. Yet here he was, helping her through the darkest phase of her life. They had found each other by chance, and their lives had intertwined in ways neither had expected.

Living secretly in his room from past three months, hidden from his family, they had managed to coexist as "friends" in a same room. It had been an unspoken agreement, a fragile in a world full of chaos. Every day, she had been grateful just to be near him, to share his space, even if it meant living in the shadows. She had accepted that they were living a lie, but it had been a lie she could live with.

But now, life had thrown another cruel twist her way. He was going to get married, and she was supposed to accept it.  Simply being a part of his life, sharing his space, had been enough for her. She couldn't force him to be with her, but the thought of losing him broke her heart.

His silence was a dagger to her already wounded heart. "I was never supposed to be in your life," she whispered, tears spilling over despite her efforts to hold them back. "But you found me, and you saved me. You've been my rock, my safe place. How can I just let you go now?"

Hi guys,
Please do support it.