Chapter - 20

Abhi sat in the corner of room, his heart pounding in his chest, blood running coldas he watched Devraj roughly manhandle her

as he watched Devraj roughly manhandle her.

Every instinct in his body screamed at him to tear Devraj apart right there in front of everyone. But he had to stay still, had to sit there and watch the hell unfolding before his eyes. His fists clenched so tightly his knuckles turned white, nails digging into his palms to keep himself sitted.

Devraj’s hand gripped her arm, jerking her roughly as he spoke, and his  vision blurred with anger and tear. It took everything he had not to make a move, not to blow the entire operation.

_________________________

As the main buyer, a tall, heavy-set man with a commanding presence, leaned back in his chair, , eyes lingering on her with unsettling interest before he finally turned to Devraj.

"Leave us," he said, his voice low but commanding. "I need some time alone with the girl."

Devraj hesitated for a moment but then nodded, his smirk still in place.

"You’ve got your time. Don’t keep me waiting too long."his eyes flickering over her with one last possessive glance.

"Make sure she learns her place," he growled before turning on his heel and walking out of the room. The heavy door slammed shut behind him, leaving her alone with the three men—and Abhi.

She stayed where she was on the cold floor, her body trembling, her eyes glued to Abhi. The world around her seemed to blur.  She could still feel the sting of Devraj’s slap, the bruises on her knees from being dragged across the floor. But all she could focus on was him. His presence was her only hope.

As Abhi started to rise from his seat and move towards her, her heart stopped. She froze, her eyes darting between him and the buyer.
All she saw was the man her heart had longed for standing too close to danger. What if the buyer figured out who he was? What if he recognised him?

When he finally reached her, she was trembling, her breath coming in shallow gasps.
Before she could say a word, he fell to his knees beside her, his hand reaching out slowly towards her face. But before he could, she flinched, pulling away as if his touch would burn her.

Her eyes flickered with uncertainty, fear, and something worse—desperation. She was scared. terrified that any wrong move would expose him.

She didn’t understand what was really happening. How was he here ?

“Don’t…” she whispered, her voice trembling.“If he knows who you are… if he figures it out…”

His heart twisted at her words. She had no idea the man wasn’t a threat. No idea that this was all part of the plan.

She didn't know the full truth—didn't know that this man, this buyer, wasn’t truly there to take her. He had once been a loyal customer of Devraj’s but had flipped, working with the police in exchange for a pardon. His cooperation was part of the final trap that would bring Devraj down.