15~ Mum's the Word

A reminder of Siri's apartment...

Siri wakes up in her bedroom feeling surprisingly better

Siri wakes up in her bedroom feeling surprisingly better. Huh... Guess his mother's soup works, she thinks to herself.

After having a bit of a stretch, Siri checks her phone and sees there are a couple of messages she missed from Jungkook yesterday, as well as a few from her mother and other people. She decides she needs her morning coffee first before she can function well enough to reply to anybody, so she pads out to her kitchen.

As she enters her open kitchen and lounge, Siri freezes when she sees a particular cocky asshole sleeping on her couch.

Holy shit. He stayed the night??

Siri thought Jungkook would've left after he put her to bed. The fact he stayed the night at all for her made her heart melt more for him— which was bad in her opinion because she didn't need any more reasons to fall for him.

Siri sighs at her predicament, but shoves those thoughts to the back of her mind as she needs coffee. She also decides to make some breakfast for Jungkook and herself. She assumed Jungkook would continue sleeping since he was a heavy sleeper, but to her surprise, he woke up soon after the bacon sizzled on the pan.

"Mmm, baconnn..." he mumbles as he sat up half asleep with his hair sticking out every which way.

Siri laughs at the funny sight of him. "So you wake up to pain and food. Good to know."

Jungkook gives a lazy smile as he ruffled his hair to look somewhat decent. "Smells good. Watchya cookin'?"

"French toast with bacon and banana. Coffee?"

"Please," he says as he walks to the kitchen. He takes a seat on a stool at the kitchen bench and just watches Siri do her thing. "You're looking a lot better today," he notes.

Siri hands him his coffee while saying, "Yeah, I'm definitely feeling good. That soup is magical."

Jungkook grins, "Told ya it's good."

"It was very good. Thanks for making it. And you know you could've gone home after you put me to bed, right?"

"I know, but I wanted to make sure you'd be okay," he says casually before he takes a sip of his coffee.

Butterflies go off in Siri's stomach and she could feel herself about to blush, so she turns to her cooking on the stove while saying thanks again to Jungkook.

It isn't long before the two of them are eating breakfast together, acting all civil and like normal friends. It was nice, but in the back of Siri's mind, she told herself things couldn't be this way.

Avoiding Jungkook was basically her only option to protect her heart. Well, that, and maybe going back to being an annoying bitch to him 'cause pretending to hate him was easier than being his friend. Being friends meant she'd have to see Jungkook with other girls, and that will just eat away at her heart. She didn't want that.