Chapter 1 - The beginning of everything

Matthew's POV

Matthew was working in a supermarket as a part-time job to earn some money while studying law at university.

Matthew was arranging some things in an aisle when an old lady approached him.
"Hey Matthew, can you tell me where I can find my nephew's favorite candy?" the lady asked him sweetly, after all she was an old friend of his grandparents and he always liked to talk to her.
"Of course, it's in the usual right lane, Mrs. Schiavone," he said politely with a sweet smile.
"Thank you dear, and there's no need to call me Mrs. , after all we've known each other since you were a child" she said smiling as she pulled Matthew's cheek lightly and then walked away.
"That lady is more sociable than me," he chuckled and then went back to work.

(Later in the day)

Closing time was coming, Matthew was the only one left, he was still packing up some things when some people entered the supermarket.

Matthew was scared for a moment but when he noticed that they were simple high school students he calmed down and when they went to pay he had some chat with them.

When he was fully alone his phone rang suddenly startling him again but when he saw that his twin sister Aurora was calling him he calmed down.
"God Aurora, you scared me," he said as she accepted the call.
"Hehe sorry" she said giggling.
"Anyway, what did you want?" he asked, sighing.
"Oh no nothing much, just hurry up because I'm hungry" she said giggling.
Matthew sighed.
"God you're impossible, and I'm on my way anyway" he replied as he packed his stuff into his backpack.
"Okay, see you later!" Aurora said and then hung up the call.

Carlos' POV

Carlos entered the supermarket and when he noticed Matthew he smirked.

"There it is, it must be him" he thought to himself.

Matthew POV

Matthew was approaching the entrance when he noticed Carlos.

"Um, excuse me sir, but we're closing" he said looking at Carlos.
"Oh yeah I know" Carlos replied with a smirk and a mischievous glint in his eyes.