10

(Octavia pov)

I stayed behind to look over the camp as my brother and them were gone. It was getting dark. The others weren't here yet, and so that meant that I had to do a double shift.

After about an hour or so, I hear something move around a couple of feet in front of me. I jumped down from the spot I was at and walked out of the camp. I slowly made my way to the tree that i saw the movement came from. That's when I saw Murphy was there. He was sitting up against the tree, mumbling something that I couldn't understand. Some people came out of the camp "Octavia what are you doing out here?" one of them asked, but I just ignored him and bent down to get a good look of Murphy.

I slowly move my hand towards him, but he quickly jumps away. He looks up at me and then looks back at the ground and starts mumbling again. But this time it was a little louder, "I need to help her, she alone" after that he went silent. I look over at the people behind me. "Help me get him inside," I demanded.

They were all hesitant "NOW" I yelled out. They quickly did what they were told and make there way back into the camp "take him in the drop ship, I'll be in there in a bit" I said before walking to the tent where we kept the water. I grabbed a cup and filled it up with water.

I walked over to the drop ship with the cup of water. When I got in there, I saw them standing around him, pointing they're guns at him. "You guys can go now," I said, walking by them and bent down next to Murphy. I helped him hold the cup so he could drink the water. "T-thank y-you,"he said quietly, I smiled in a response.

"Octavia, you know that your brother won't like the fact that you let him in and helping him," one of my brother friends said. "Ya well, I don't care, so just go and watch over the camp," I said as I was cleaning up Murphy cuts. I heard him walking away. "w-why a-are you he-helping me," he stuttered out. "Because I just am, I'm still not ok with what you did to that little girl, but you're one of us, so" I answered him. "But I do have a question for you," I said, putting down the rag I was using to clean up with.

"You said that you need to help her and that she alone.. who were you talking about? " I asked him. "Y/N she trapped there, she the one who helped me escape, but before she could, they caught her again," he said. At this point, I couldn't breathe. I ran out of the drop ship, and I ran to my tent and flopped down on my bed, and broke down. At this point, all of my bad thoughts crash down on me. I pretty much cried myself to sleep.

(Y/N pov)

I fell on to my stomach as one of the grounders threw me onto the ground in front of a young woman who was standing in the middle of the cell. "Lock em up (lock her up) she demanded. They dragged me over to the chains and locked me up. "Ban op yumi (leave us)," the girl demanded. The grounders left the cell, which just left the two of us.

"Since your friend escaped, you'll be punished for two," the girl said as she paced  around in front of me. "I don't care." I let out as I sat there. She stopped pacing and looked down at me. "And why not?" she asked. I looked up at her. "Because it's not like you're gonna let me leave, and it seems like you gonna kill me anyway, so what's the point of telling me?" I say out loud. The girl nodded her head, trying to figure out what to say next.

(Octavia pov)

It was around 2am when Bellamy, Clarke, and the rest of the group finally came back. I walked over to them and told them that Murphy was here. They made their way to the drop ship. I went back to my tent.

I laid down on my bed, staring at the top of my tent. I started thinking about Y/N. I really hope she's ok. I haven't heard from Lincoln yet, and it's starting to worry me more.
I just lay there thinking about Y/N.

*next morning*

I woke up to my brother coming in my tent. "W-what?" I asked as I sat up as I'm trying to wake up. "How are you feeling," he asked. "Fine," I simply said. "You touch Murphy yesterday?" He asked. I looked up at him. "What?" I asked him.

"Did you touch Murphy yesterday?" he asked again. "I don't know, I guess so. Why?" I asked. "The grounders sent him here with a virus to infect us," he informed me. "Get up, Clarke needs to examine you," he demanded before he left. I got out of bed and got dressed before I made my way to the drop ship. Clarke checked me out to see if I'll be good.

"Ok, we're done," Clarke said as she put her hand down. "No visible signs of swelling or bleeding," she lets out as she looks over to my brother, who is standing next to me. "So you're saying she doesn't have it," he said, as he was  confused. "Not yet, but that could change, we need to keep her here just in case," Clarke explains to Bellamy.  "No way, look at this place she'll get sick just being here," he let out as he looked at all the sick teens.

Clarke lets out a soft sigh. "Do you want to stop the spread or not?" she asked. " Look, I'll keep her on the third level with the people who aren't symptomatic yet," she told. "Bell, I'll be fine," I say softly. He nods his head before walking off. I was about to go up the ladder, but Clarke stopped me. "Octavia, wait. I need you to sneak out and see if Lincoln has an antidote for this, " she said quickly. "I'm on it," I said before leaving.