3. ALEX

Daisy was right about her sister. Isabella had no talent, but everybody acted like her little performance was Oscar-worthy. I stood near the window, trying my best not to glare at the guest lingering about. It would have been in his favour if he just attended the meeting Valiant had set up last week.

What was he hoping to gain with all these people around?

My lips twitched. He thought that they would make me go easy on him, but he was in for a surprise.

I was going to do everything it took to get my money back from the bastard. Sure, I didn't need it. But I wanted it back.

Taking a sip of my drink, I searched the room for a certain omega.

"She's not here."

I frowned at him. "Who?"

"Daisy." Valiant smirked.

"I'm not looking for her."

He leaned closer. "Liar," he breathed.

I turned, but he moved back to my side, giving me no choice but to look at him.

"I've been mingling," he muttered, glancing around to make sure that there was nobody within earshot. "They are all crawled up his ass. Nobody has anything bad to say about him. Although..." He trailed off when someone approached.

We both relaxed when we realized it was only Elias.

"How much longer is this going to take?" he questioned.

"Until we get a private moment with him." I nodded towards John who was doing his best to avoid us.

"I doubt we're going to get it tonight." His hand shot up to touch the scar on his face. "The staring is making me uncomfortable. Nobody has said a word to me all night. I just look in their direction and they want to fucking hide."

"Not Daisy," Valiant chipped in.

I threw him a glare.

"Elias-"

"You don't need me here," he interrupted me. "I'm going home."

"Let Stevens drive you," I ordered.

My eyes narrowed when his lips parted.

Changing his mind, he gave me a stiff nod, hesitated a moment and then made his way towards the exit.

I watched him go, taking note of the women whispering behind his back.

Before he got his scar, he had women lining up at his door, fighting for his attention. But women found him repulsing now, and he hated it.

"She smiled at him," Valiant muttered. "Daisy."

"I saw," I told him.

"We also had an interesting conversation."

I sighed, focusing my attention back on him. "What do you want, Val?"

"What do you mean?"

My eyes narrowed, making him smirk.

"I think we should set them up on a date," he said.

"I think you've had too much wine." I turned away from him when I noticed John finally making his way over towards us. "Forget about it."

"Gentlemen," John greeted. "I hope you've been enjoying your evening?"

"Cut the crap," I growled. "I'm a busy man John. You better say what you want to and give me a good fucking reason why I shouldn't have you arrested for stealing my money."