Chapter 75: the confrontation between man and wolf

Qin Ruyan raised her hands, tightly gripping a small knife that was only about five centimeters long.

She focused all her distracted attention on the menacing wolf in front of her.

Even if it means death!

She should give it some fight, relying on the knife in her hand that symbolizes the inheritance of the Qin family's power!

This is Qin Ruyan's last struggle as the heiress of the Qin family!

The wolf, whether shocked by the sound or perhaps not expecting the prey to display such a final stance, slowly relaxed its limbs in preparation to pounce. It closed its mouth, which was originally open to bite, softly.

The lone wolf squatted on its hind limbs, sitting there like an eagle, and began to stare at Qin Ruyan, who was tense all over.

The wolf's eyes emitted a mournful green light, connecting with the girl's eyes, which held no light and only despair.

Although the scene appeared somewhat harmonious, it was terrifying to the extreme.

As a hunter, the lone wolf had a lot of initiative.

Qin Ruyan was just prey that had been targeted early, and the lone wolf couldn't be clearer about the other party's specific situation.

This kind of fury was not uncommon in the lone wolf hunting profession. Even a rabbit would kick twice with its hind legs before biting its throat off and dying.

So all the lone wolf had to do was wait. Its tail drooped softly, covering the wet ground, and the lone wolf consumed the last of Qin Ruyan's willpower.

Qin Ruyan stood on the spot with her entire body trembling, fully relying on adrenaline to hold on at this moment.

but……

"Bob..."

As a bean-sized drop of cold rain fell on her face, it began to rain heavily again.

Compared to Qin Ruyan, who sank instantly, the layer of fur on the wolf's body played a good role in blocking the rain.

Although constantly wet, more rainwater was diverted to the side by the fur.

It was definitely much better than Qin Ruyan, who was wet to the skin, shivering, and showing signs of hypothermia.

The small knife in her hand fell to the ground silently, but she didn't have the strength to bend down and pick it up again.

Her legs were weak; Qin Ruyan kept falling back and had to lean on the tree.

The last of the adrenaline in her body was fading.

Seeing the hungry beast standing in front of her and assuming a hunting stance again, Qin Ruyan, sitting quietly under the tree, couldn't help but raise the corners of her mouth and reveal a helpless smile.

The human body has its limits, after all.

Soon, she couldn't even open her eyes.

But Qin Ruyan suddenly saw a figure rushing out of the rain and called out a name that made her care… "Qin Rushuang!!!!"

My younger sister?

What happened?

She wanted to force her eyes open, but she lost the last of her strength at this moment.

She could only sit on the ground helplessly, then pant heavily to confirm that she was still alive.

Zhang Liu only realized that there was someone beside him when he heard the shouting coming from the forest not far away after the rain stopped.