Chapter Thirty-Seven

By the morning of the wedding Aria and I stood in the lobby of the hotel, we all had a role to play today and me being the best man for Matteo was likely to turn out not as well as he might hope since I'd spent the last fucking twenty-four hours prepping for his wedding.

Fucking Matteo.

I had gone around ensuring security was top quality and that all guests could be ferried to the wedding in peace without being bothered or having the fucking Chimera on their asses following them so they could fuck with yet another wedding.

And when I find the traitor I'm putting a bullet through their brain.

Standing in the central living room of the villa where the wedding was going to be taking place I smoothed out the lapels of my black navy  blue jacket which was all because of the colours of my brother and Gabriella's wedding, which meant I saw Aria in a dress though it would be incredibly simple. The wedding of the Consigliere even if he was second in command and was my brother who always had flair, would be lacking florish to the same degree Aria and I's did.

The villa was high up on the hills around Monte Carlo, and was filled with cars from all of the Don's, and Underbosses, including many high ranking Capo's. This wedding was also inclusive of the Greek, Spanish, and Ukranian Don's, along with the Bosses from Japan, and the US. That was the unfortunate part, weddings had always been used for those who wanted to better their positions to mingle with others to rise up higher, which made the practice of only highly trusted members to be around high profile weddings and events.

More tradition bullshit, I lived by.

Buttoning my jacket I heard the tall doors behind me open and glanced in the wall covered in mirrors to see Aria behind me looking stunning in a dark royal blue tulle bridesmaids dress that was banded around the middle in white with a bow on the back and I had half the mind to make a lude joke while I could get away with it.

"How the fuck do you look so beautiful in everything, we're going to have a bloody wedding on our hands with you looking like that," I say crossing the room to where she stood while her hand slipped a flower that matched the shade of her dress into the rose pocket.

Placing my hands on her waist I slid them up her back slowly pulling her to me and circling the space where the dress lacked fabric on the back down to the white bow resting just above her ass.

"Oh so tempting to unpackage you right here, and say fuck this wedding," I say meeting her eyes as I slid my hands back to her waist though the pause in her breathing didn't go unnoticed.

"My sister and your brother are being married, and you're thinking with your dick," Aria quipped, narrowing her eyes at me though the smile on her lips told me our little session in the helicopter hadn't left her mind just yet.

"I'm not thinking with my dick, Arianna, I'm thinking, you put every woman on the planet to shame with how lovely you look, I'm a lucky bastard that your parents gave you to a monster like me," I say reminding her of my feelings about our marriage on a base level.

"Well if I ran, you'd have found me, and forced me to marry you," she says reaching up and cupping my face, "and I'm not sure if it would have been from possessiveness, or the want to follow what tradition wanted of you".

"It would be because I wanted to know if you and I could work, if I was horrible to you, I'd have let you live your own life, but in public we'd have needed to make a show of having a real marriage. Wouldn't be the only Familia couple that would have done that, it was common with the older generations of mafia couples, everything was about power," I say even though I knew Aria had been around the circles at all generations to be able to see it, and the many other horrible things that happened in the old days, that under me got people shot.

And I'd never regret making widows out of the abused women in the Mafia.

"Aren't you supposed to terrify anyone, you're pretty sweet when you're not carrying a gun," Aria says and I lifted my pant leg to show the knife holder on my calf, and the gun in my trousers along with my jacket.

"I always carry Aria, I learned that lesson years ago," I say leaning down to kiss her softly, and feeling her press her lips harder against mine humming softly against me as she bowed into me.

"Well, I'll try not to think about how whoever made you change your mind died," she says lowering herself down onto her heels.

"I punched a mirror and slit their throats, its where the angel of death nickname came from. The blood made them all look like they had angel wings of blood," I say looking away from her for a second because she'd seen the way I could kill people, and didn't feel like her seeing that I held that bloodlust still. Killing those who were immoral made me feel better about what I did, but all the same some people had to die for me to get to where I was.

 "I'm not going to picture you killing people with glass shards," Aria says grabbing my hand and guiding me out of the living room and towards the backyard where Matteo already stood at the doorway while our families sat in the backyard in chairs while everyone waited for the ceremony to begin.

Letting go of Aria I crossed the room to my brother who looked like he was moments away from shitting himself which wasn't what I'd expected, even if I knew that he loved Gabriella in his own way, considering I had often doubted Matteo could love anyone but himself.

"How are you doing?" I ask placing a hand on his shoulder and he tipped his head back as if looking to see if anyone else had noticed the crack in his demeanor, though if anyone had we'd both happily make the wedding one groomsman short.

I did have Giovanni stock carpets.

"Nervous as fuck, I know I can't ruin this, Gabby and Aria's mother already doesn't like you, and if I screw us over, it then becomes the Salvatorini Familia versus a mother," Matteo says though I could tell in his eyes he knew the reason Vivian didn't like us.

"Yeah well once the daughters are with us, and Domenico is head of the Valentino Familia, Vivian will have no weight," I say, "Now quick fucking sulking, you get to marry the girl you're obsessed with, and possibly have sex tonight, I won't have to listen to you bitch about blueballs again".

He swung for me at that moment, and I caught his wrist before smirking, happy I could now do what Matteo had done to me back to him. "Now you know how it feels to be married to a Valentino daughter, I'm proud of you little brother," I say before walking away back to Aria while Matteo went to the front of the alter, and the crowd began to settle.

Moments later piano played and Aria and I walked down the aisle separating and taking our places while my sisters did the same though I didn't fail to take not of who was on their arm, and chose I would leave it for today to see Victoria with her bodyguard, and Domenico with Amara, Luca and Celine were a guarentee, and Antonio walked with a woman I recognized as one of the Capo's he worked closely with and likely had agreed to do so just for the wedding, while I knew that Antonio was distant from the woman beside him on a physical level, and I knew like me he had his own thoughts, though I doubted he coped well with how the Mafia worked by setting up couples years before they ever actually would get to be married as in the case of me and Antonio father stated by twenty-two we would be married to a woman, regardless of the age, and I'd told him I wouldn't become a pedophile because my fucking father was sick in the head enough to do it. He'd probably have had different reactions to many of the things I killed people for in the familia, and also would have made Julia Fianntino Antonio's wife with the added comment of something disgusting most likely.

Not that knowing Julia would be twenty by the time she would marry my brother settled the eleven year difference, and that the two would have a friendship marriage. I hope that those sheets were faked too.

As the organ keys faded into the air Gabriella was walked down the aisle towards my brother by Lorenzo, and I couldn't help the faint smile and pride I held knowing both my brother and wife would be happy to have Gabriella joing the Salvatorini Familia.

I know this took a long time I was out working, but I am home now so I hope you all enjoy this chapter, also in the next chapter you all get to meet the other half of La Cosa Nostra. Comment, vote, and share. Anyways

Peace✌️