A Search

Since that day, Alex would leave his house at 8am every morning and return home at 6pm. All that time just to search for Deyla. Esmeray, Olivia and Abigail would often help. But she was still nowhere to be seen. It overwhelmed all 3 of them.

It was a school day and during tutor, everyone took their seats. The whole class was silent. They all wanted to pay their respect towards Deyla. They've been together for their entire high school life. Despite them not being close, they still cared. People done some prayers on it aswell. Alex, Esmeray, Olivia and Abigail even searched the school, Only to find nothing. They all decided that on Saturday they'd meet up and search for her. They talked about it in class together and then once the day came, they started their mission. They aren't going to give up on their best friend. Not like this. And so they searched. They decided to go in 2s so that it was quicker and easier. Abigail and Olivia went North whereas Esmeray and Alex went South. Wind blew into their hair; swaying it in the wind. The four friends had eachothers back. No matter what.

Alex put his hand on Esmerays shoulder in a comforting way.
"We'll find her. No matter what it takes. We can walk miles on glass just to get to her, and we won't feel a thing." Alex said to Esmeray. They stood on a small bridge that they walked by. Esmeray looked at him, smiled softly and nodded, continuing their journey.

Even though they promised that they'd find Deyla, It's been 3 months. Long enough to start affecting The 4 friends mental health.

Alex sat in his room and started writing a letter. One addressed to Deyla. Even though it would never get to her. Even though she'd never see it. He just wanted to talk to her.

To Deyla.
Its been 3 months since you went missing. I miss you. So much. What happened to you? Why did you just...go..? It hurts so much. I want you back. I wish I could just hug you again. You were always there for me. Even though at times I thought you hated me, you always had my back. I need you here with me. I know they're full of cuts but I need you in my arms. I need you by my side. Remember that time we watched the sunset together? My favourite memory was the time we both danced on that random stage at the mall. Our ending pose was great. You somehow fixed my stage fright. You have that affect on me. I miss you so much. I still listen to our favourite song. I love you. Deyla.
-Alex Nishimiriya.

He folded up the paper and put it on his desk. Then he got up and went to the bathroom. He couldn't help but fall to the floor, sobbing and crying at the loss of his best friend. She wasn't dead. But it felt like she was. He knew he'd find her. But he didn't keep his hopes too high. Esmeray, Olivia and Abigail thought the same. Alex gave them the idea to write a letter to her. And so they did it. It felt good to talk about it without talking about it. The 3 of them would often cry about Deyla. They all did every day. Then they'd get together to start praying. Even though Alex, Esmeray and Olivia weren't religious or were a different religion. They did all they could.