ten

Lit Cigarette

LIBERTY HAD BEEN especially kind to the Gallagher's as of late

LIBERTY HAD BEEN especially kind to the Gallagher's as of late. They've been going through their struggles more so than Delilah and her going through things, so Delilah helped bake Liberty's mother's oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe.

The cookies were sweet and extra gooey, just how Liberty enjoyed them. They were practically a delicacy in their home and when they were made they were made special for something. This was for the turmoil Fiona and the kids were facing.

Delilah tossed her hair up into a high ponytail, deciding to not tend to her wavy hair as thoroughly as she usually does.

"I'll be done in a minute, Berty, meet me at the bus stop," Delilah told the girl as she collected her school things. Not that her grades were marvelous by any means, Delilah still made sure to attend school.

Liberty ran down the stairs and over to the house neighboring the Gallagher's which Steve bought.

It wasn't long before her stuff was together and she was out the door with Liberty's paper bag lunch in hand. She caught just a glimpse of Monica and Lip speaking before she tearfully returned to the Gallagher house.

"Fuck was that about?" Delilah inquired, looking back. Lip only glanced down at her passively and walked over to bus stop.

SMOKING A CIGARETTE, Delilah kept looking over her shoulder, waiting for a teacher to come and scold her. It never happened. The girls bathroom was rarely occupied with anyone other than students.

Delilah didn't notice when Karen Jackson walked in with her perfectly straight blonde hair tucked neatly behind her ears. She crossed her arms and stared at Delilah who sat in the window sill, exhaling.

"He's a great fuck, isn't he?" Karen quizzed from only a couple feet away. Delilah didn't jump at the sound of her agitating voice. She sighed and slowly turned to the blonde.

"He's ok," Delilah responded dryly. She slid off the window and approached Karen, her cigarette still between her two fingers. This was suspicious. "What do you want, Jackson?"

"I just want you to know, your sandpaper cooch isn't swaying anyone," Karen said spitefully but all Delilah did was laugh in her face at that insult.

"Is that what Lip told you?" Delilah quizzed, stepping forward getting into Karen's face. "He never complains."

Karen huffed and gripped Delilah's ponytail making her stumble. Delilah grunted and broke out of her grasp. Maybe it was low blow, but Delilah decided to press her lit cigarette into Karen's forearm.