Prologue: A Mind Flayer's Awakening With His Pet

Disclaimer: I do not own Fairy Tail and Overlord (2012). They belong to their respective owners.

Enjoy.

_____________________________________________

Darkness...

That's all he I see as I drift myself to a deep sleep, feeling really tired right now as I dreamed...

*Bump*Bump*

Weird...

What's bumping me...

And what is this trilling and cooing sound, anyway...

As I opened my eyes, all I saw is the clear blue sky...

Weird...

Did someone just dragged me outside?

And wait, blue sky?

Isn't the sky all black and polluted or something in the year 2138?

The bumping isn't stopping as I strained myself up as I looked at what's bumping me...

...

...

...

Okay, I need to say this because I am in a state of shock but...

...

...

...

"WHAT THE HELL!?" I said out loud in shock as I backed away from what had just keep bumping me...

It appears to be small creature that is rather rotund and squat that makes it the size of a small animal, kind of like a dog or a cat...

The description, however, is anything but, appearing to be a brain that is walking around with it's elongated limbs and tendrils flowing from where it's mouth...

The creature keeps on trilling and cooing as it hopped around in a cheerful manner like something of an excitable dog of sort...

Then I recognized what it is...

This is an Intellect Devourer, a creature that I remember from the DMMORPG known as YGGDRASIL where I once played as a Mind Flayer Psion as well as having this thing as my pet there...

Which reminds me...

"Bip, is that you?" I asked the Intellect Devourer and it seemed to respond more excitedly after I called out it's name, running at me as well...

I then picked Bip in my hand but then I also realized my hands as well, appearing to be blue-skinned which make me feel shock...

Then I tried to feel my skin, feeling that I am wearing some sort of robes and as I moved my hand to my face, I can feel the smoothness of my skin and I can also feel what can be described as tentacles and as I move my hand over my head, I can feel the baldness on my head...

There is no denying it for I have become my Avatar, a Mind Flayer or Illithids as their real name suggests...

But how can this be possible...

Is this a dream?

A nightmare?

Just what had happened that caused me to wake up as Avatar from YGGDRASIL...

Is it because I was still playing the game before the server is about to shut down? Is that it?

But how did a game make me go from playing a virtual reality to becoming this? Is it some glitch or something? Or is it some cosmic phenomenon that I have no idea what is happening?