Chapter 2 [stygian]

It started with the jingle of the bell.

I know! Bells jingle. But not like this one.

I came in at 8:00, expecting no customers for at least an hour or two.

Of course I was wrong.

At around 9:38, the bell jingled, indicating a customer entered. So I went to the order counter.

She was gorgeous.

She was undeniably tall, with raven black short hair and piercing black eyes. I could swear I saw a gun tucked safely under her arm. She was looking at me like she was analysing me. I could see the muscles threatening to rip out of her suit. She was staring into my soul, in a tender way. 

After I took her order and she sat down, she asked me about the regular, Sebastian. I told her about everything that he rants about.

My grave mistake.

She turned to leave, but turned back for some reason.

"And Stygian?"

"What?"

"I'm Sebastian's boss"

Fuck.

Was she going to fire him? Maybe even shoot him? Or strangle him with that perfectly muscular arm?

"Oh my fuck." I muttered out loud.

"Yeah." She said, her face contorted with a smirk.

"Soooooooooooooo, are you gonna fire him?"

"Depends"

"What do you mean 'depends'! That guy is living paycheque to paycheque! Don't fire him!"

"Ok, for the sake of a hyperactive shrimp, I wont fire him."

"Who's the hyperactive shrimp you mentioned?"

"You?"she smirked. That stupid smirk. I'm gonna kill her if she wasn't a paying customer.

"I don't think you'll be able to kill me, button." She said.

Fuck. Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did say that out loud."

I contorted my face in a scowl.

"For your information, I am not a shrimp. I am 5'1" which is average height."

"How old are you?" She asked. Why does she care?

"20. Why?" I asked. This girl is really sus. 

"My name is Marcella Marcus, age 23. CEO by day, you don't want to know what I am by night."

Fuck. Marcella Marcus? The Marcella Marcus? Lucifer? The woman who runs the NYC mafia syndicate?

So I just rambled to a mafia boss about her complaining assistant.

"Sooooooooo, what now?" I asked, hating the rise in the pitch of my voice.

"Now, i decide what to do."

She came close, closer, as close as she possibly could.

She leaned down to my height and came impossibly closer.

"Wanna give me your number?" She asked.

No! I wasn't thinking of her kissing me, her perfect lips on mine, Stygian what are you thinking?!!!???

"Sure." I said, opening the book I used to take orders and wrote my number on it. Then i ripped off the page and gave it to her.

"Thanks, sunshine. I'll text you later today."

She turned around and left.

When i came back to my senses, I realised.

Did i just give my phone number to a mafia boss?