Chapter 3 [Marcella}

I did it.

I got shrimp's number.

Should i call him?

It's been around 6 hours since the incident.

Should i call or text?

I told that I'd text, but texting a number seems inappropriate without calling first.

And, what if I say some thing on text that has 2 meanings and he accidentally assumes the wrong meaning while I meant something else?

No, calling is better

Despite the fact that I acted really cocky in the cafe, the thought of talking to him makes me jittery.

Marcella Marcus you kill around 30 people a day!

Ok, here goes nothing.

I dailed his number and hit the green button.

No answer.

Ok, maybe he doesn't lift unknown numbers.

I dailed again.

No answer.

I sat down on my spinny chair with a plop.

Maybe he's just busy? Maybe he's travelling?

My brain was full of possibilities. Negative ones and positive ones.

I've done too much paperwork for today.

I stood up to stretch.

I walked out of the office and went home.

My house is nothing much, just a mansion with 2 pools, 70 bedrooms, a 3 mile radius garden, a dog park, a helicopter landing area, and lots of trees.

I walked up to the front door and opened it with my keys.

On the couch, I saw pancake, aka my 7 year old brother, Enzo.

"Mooooooommmm!!!!!!"he came running up to me and hugged me.

That's right, he called me mom. You got a problem with that?

I hugged him back and lifted him off the ground.

"Hey, bubba!" I said, ruffling his hair. I kissed his forehead and set him down.

Then, my other brother, Marco, 13, came downstairs holding hands with a boy.

"Hey sis!" He said. He turned to the boy.

"This is my sister, Marcella."

The boy nodded and whispered a small "hi". Then he turned to Marco and said goodbye and left.

I immediately pulled Marco to the couch.

"Spill it." I said.

"It's nothing!!!!" He said, playing with his purple hair.

"Really?"

"Ok fine. His name is Jack Jones. He in my chemistry class and we were just studying." I could see the embarrassment on my lil brother's face.

Marco has always been a femboy. At barely 5'1, with purple hair, and wearing mostly girl clothes, he is an easy target for the bullies. That is, until they found out who his sister is.

He never had an official coming out. He just started seeing boys and everyone was ok with it.

"Studying what? How to make babies?" I asked, with a visible smirk on my lips.

"Noooooooo!!!!!" He was beet red. His cheeks were flushed as he ran back upstairs to his room.

Whatever.

Meanwhile, I spotted Enzo playing with a toy dinosaur. Were they having a tea party?

"How was school today, pancake?" I asked, sitting next to him.

"It was fine. Ms. Kingsley made us play with kinetic sand and I made a ball with it. I also got to hold hands with Harper M."

This is it. My life is over. Even 7 year olds are having crushes and boyfriends and girlfriends. Meanwhile I'm just here, like a single potato.

It's fine. I've got to feel good for my lil bro. Or my son.

"Is Harper M the pretty girl you talked about?"

He looked up at me with a look that could make someone explode out of cuteness. He was trying to look angry.

"No!! Harper D is the pretty girl. Harper M is just the popular one. They're twins."

Of course. Second grade politics.

I got up and went to my room.

I'm tired. Should i plop on my bed and fall asleep? Or should I take a shower and go down for dinner?

After a whole minute of carefully curated thinking, i chose my bed.

I'll always choose my pretty bed.

I removed my clothes and bra. It's my house dont judge. Besides, I have a flat chest anyway.

Sleeping naked is bliss.

I fell on the bed and snuggled up under the covers.

Then I immediately fell into a dreamless deep sleep.