Wake up /DDOTxNOTTI

📍sugarhill, NY

📍sugarhill, NY. [Reyes' residence]
7:28 am

Ethan's POV:

I woke up to loud noises. I looked at the clock on my bedside table and whined. It was only 7:30 am and my siblings were already down stairs doing stuff. I looked to my left and seen Darrian sleeping so peaceful. The sight of him makes me weak. I reached over and moved his hair out of his face before flinching at a loud crashing sound. Darrian didn't wake up. He never did.

I went downstairs to find a glass plate broken on the floor, "What is all this? You're gonna wake Darrian!" I said, looking at everyone.
"Calm down. Darrian never wakes up. He's a heavy sleeper." Zay, my little brother said. He was right, but still. My other little brother, Vally nodded in agreement. "Whatever, who's gonna clean this?" I looked between Zay and Vally. They didn't answer. I shooed them away and cleaned up the broken glass, noting to tell my mother about it later. I walked into the living room and it was only the little kids. Zay, Vally, Nina, and Tori. "Where's DD?" I asked. I know Jay was staying the night at a friends house, Kiley and my mom have work early in the morning, and Gigi and julie are on their senior trip.(made up names)

"Uh, DD told us that he going somewhere at 8 so when you come down you have to watch us." Tori said. "Is he here?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.
"No. He left. I'm hungry." Tori said.
"So he's gone? How long have you all been down here?"

"Uhh.. I dunno." Tori shrugged before telling me he was hungry.
"Ima order Mcdonald's. What does everyone want?" I pulled out my phone and door dashed it. I then put on a movie and went upstairs. Darrian was sitting on his phone. I smiled and came in, shutting the door. He just eases my mind.
"Hey E." He said when he noticed me. "Hi." I let out a sigh and sat next to him. "What's the matter?" He asked me and i started ranting about what happened. He stared at me and listened. By the time i was done talking i was already calm and settled down. This is why I did it.

I fell in love with my best friend. It wasn't on purpose, it started as a small crush. And when i realized i was crushing, i fell hard. Too bad i won't be ever able to tell him..

"So i door dashed Mcdonald's for them, it costed so much!" I said and sighed again. "How much was it?" He asked, pulling out his phone.
"Like 70 dollars, cus i tipped good and the delivery fee and whatnot." I mumbled.
"I'll send you the money," He said and cashapped me.
"You ain't have to do that, Darri." I said.
"I know." He hummed and brought one of his hands up to my hair, playing in it, "But i wanna."
"Yea i know." I said and closed my eyes. That was short lived though. There was a loud continuous beep that made my ears ring. I didn't wanna open my eyes but i know i had to. The stuff i would do to just have Darrian alone without anybody was like no other.

I opened my eyes to doctors rushing in the room. The lights were bright and i immediately had a headache. DD was across the room laying on chairs, as was I. We were in a hospital. No.. No. This can't be. Me and DD made eye contact as i stood up. I rushed over to the hospital bed and there was Darrian. Lifeless. "Stop! What's happening!?" I asked as I got pushed by doctors. After excruciating minutes, the doctors ruled his time of death. I was already crying in DD's arm. I had stop trying to get to Darrian's side long ago. By now everyone was in the room, me, DD, Darrian's mom, my mom and my siblings were crowded around the door.

Darrian was dead. And he won't ever wake up. Darrian's mom was crying the hardest, right next to me. I was stood next to DD with his arms around me, we were both crying while the doctor was telling us the next steps. I didn't listen to that, i was just staring at Darrian.
       The doctors figured he wouldn't wake up, but his mom didn't want to pull the plug. No one wanted to. I squeezed my eyes shut, not being able to look at Darrian's body anymore.

When i opened my eyes i was at the park, the same park Darrian was shot at. I seen Darrian jump off the swing with his eyes wide. He started running and i furrowed my eyebrows. Then i saw Kay Flock and Dougie B. They ran after Darrian and i followed too. I was screaming, begging them to stop. They couldn't hear me though. Kay reached in his pocket and moments later I heard a loud boom—my eyes were already closed tight by then.

       When I opened my eyes again we were at his funeral. I was crying my eyes out. I stood next to DD as i looked at Darrian in his casket. I was wishing and hoping he would wake up. But he wouldn't. I know he wouldn't. He never did.
   I wanted to scream and shout and kick myself for not being with Darrian then day he got put in a coma. But i didn't. I stood there, crying, next to DD, looking at Darrian. I closed my eyes, not wanting to look at him anymore and grabbed onto DD's shirt tighter.

When I opened my eyes, it was the middle of the night. I woke up and i felt weird. I went to grab my phone but it wasn't any where. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. It was still dark, so maybe mid night, or 4 or 5 am? When i uncovered my eyes, Darrian was standing before me. I jumped, before jumping up, "Darrian?"
"Ethan.."
"Darrian!" My eyes watered and i went to hug him, "Why didn't you-"

He moved away, "Wake up."
"W-What..?" I was confused.
"Fucking wake up Ethan. Get up!" He grabbed my shoulders and my eyes flew open.
     I was sitting at the park, on the swing. I spotted Kay Flock and Dougie. I jumped off the swing and my eyes widened as i started to run. I looked behind me and see Kay reach into his pockets, my eyes were already closed though. I wasn't gonna wake up.

--

don't even give me feedback... contemplating on even publishing this..
i hate this so much.. if this is getting posted, times are DESPERATE.

edit: times are desperate...........