Chapter 3

-🌊Jackson🌊-
"Move loser," I shoved the dirty blonde guy off of Sam. Who did he think he was? "Sam?! Are you okay baby?! Tell me you're alright! Sam?!" I was panicking. Even though Sam was just an item to me, she was still hot, and her family would never let us go out ever again if I let anything happen to her.

"Jack, I'm really alright. I just wasn't paying attention and ran into this guy. It's really okay." She tried to explain as I helped her up. I fixed her collar and put my hand on the small of her back, which I knew would drive her crazy.

"Well I'm glad you're okay, love." I leaned in and lightly kissed Sam's forehead. She giggled and her cheeks turned a rosy pink shade. I loved the effect I had on her; how I could make goose bumps rise on her tanned skin just by brushing the stray strands of hair out of her face. I turned around to face the blonde guy I saw helping Sam earlier.

"Hey, thanks for making sure Samantha was okay, man." I stuck out my hand as I scanned him up and down. Black torn skinny jeans, Led Zeppelin tee, worn chambray shirt, and a perfectly symmetrical face.

Competition.

"Yeah, anytime. I'm Bennett. My sister and I just moved here from Chicago." He answered, motioning to a short, petite girl standing behind him. I felt like time had stopped, like someone had pulled the floor out from under me. I had never seen such a beautiful girl. She was perfect, and for the first time in my life I felt like there was nothing that could stop me from getting that girl. I take a lot of bets on how easily I could get girls, and it was a piece of cake every time. But this girl was different. I ignored the guy and walked right past him toward the girl.

"I'm Jackson. You are?" I blurted out. I felt as if was in a trance. I scanned her up and down and bit my lip lustfully. I had never had any connections with this girl, and she was already driving me crazy.

"I'm Valerie. Val for short," she replied, her face remaining expressionless. We kept eye contact for what felt like forever and a day, and I never wanted it to end, but she broke the silence, "It looks like my brother is taking advantage of this alone time with your girlfriend. You gonna do something about that?" Her face showcased a satisfied smirk. She ran her hand through her deep red-brown hair and my knees felt weak. I stood there, paralyzed, overcome with emotion. I didn't know what to think. In front of me stood the most perfect girl I had ever laid eyes on, but behind me stood the girl that had been nothing but loyal to me for the past 3 whole years. My trance was interrupted by Sam's loud laughter. I turned around to see her hand on Bennett's shoulder and his hand running through his hair.

"Watch out, Ben has a way with the ladies," Valerie warned me sarcastically. She let out a soft scoff as we watched Bennett's had move down from his hair down his torso to his waist to adjust his pants. I was furious and my focus on Val was suddenly cut short.

As calmly as I could, I quickly walked over to Sam and wrapped my arm around her waist, looking Bennett straight in the eyes, asserting my dominance over him.

"Jack! We should invite them to the party!" Sam squeaked excitedly, putting her hand on my chest.

"Yeah! You guys should come by my place tomorrow night! I'm having a small get-together before school starts!" I said as enthusiastically as I possibly could. I hoped it didn't sound as fake as it did in my head. I smiled, knowing that I was successfully covering up my obvious frustration.

"Sure! Here, put your number in." Bennett replied, handing his phone over to Sam. My expression went blank in disbelief. How could he just do that? Still keeping eye contact with Bennett, I handed my open phone to Valerie feeling like I had just swung a punch straight at Bennett. His jaw dropped slightly after realizing what I had just done. I smirked and took my phone back from Valerie at the same time that Bennett took his from Sam.

"Well, I guess we'll see you there." I announced as I put my phone into my pocket.

"Yeah, just send me the details later." Bennett replied.

"Alright." I winked at Valerie and began to turn towards the door.

"Bye guys!" Sam excitedly waved and I pulled her with me out of the store.

"Yeah, see yah," Valerie mumbled. I couldn't wait to see her tomorrow night at the party.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading, it really means a lot to me :)

Make sure to vote, comment, and follow me! Share this with your friends!

Updates every Tuesday and Friday

----

Song: Shakka-When Will I See You Again (AMTRAC Remix)